Chapter 23

| TW: This chapter mentions attempted sexual assault |

"Coming Maman!", the bluenette answered, putting the gift box back in a safe place in her room. Giving the two kwamis in her room their respective foods, Marinette headed downstairs, a positive pep in her step.

————————————————————

To some, life has a more twisted path than their peers, Damian is one of these people. Being raised by assassins and being the only biological son of a billionaire isn't necessarily a common life many get to experience. But of course, Damian never shared details of his private life to the public. Then there are people who slither their way into the lives of the wealthy or powerful, this girl was one of them.

Damian was sitting with Jon on their lunch table when a brunette with bleached hair walked up to the two of them. Jon heard her walk up to them so he turned to face the figure. When Damian is at school, he'll observe the students for a few moments, learn their name and if deemed not a threat, he'll easily ignore them. In Gotham Academy you're either a threat or an annoyance to Damian Wayne, unless your name is Jonathan Kent. This girl, Madison, if he remembered correctly, was the type of girl he knew to avoid, a person only seeking for money, power, and fame.

"Damian, there's something I need to tell you." The girl, Madison, began, drawing the whole cafeteria's attention. In fact, she waited until she had every ounce of attention she could get from the people in this room, every single drop.

"Spit it out." Damian deadpanned, suspecting and not liking the way this was going. He made it clear at how irritated he was with a glare that did deter the girl at first, but she soon collected herself.

"So we've been at this school together for a long time and I just wanted to tell you that I love y-"

"No." Damian shut it down immediately.

"W-what?" Madison stuttered, her heartbreak clearly present in her voice. But, to Damian at least, it was the sound of her pride that broke.

"I said no. I do not reciprocate your feelings and I never will." He and Marinette haven't even told each other the phrase 'I love you' yet and this girl had the audacity to use a powerful statement, such as that one, as a silly love confession? How disgraceful.

"Come on! I'm the most attractive woman here and yet you choose to reject me?" Madison's previous lovesick façade had faded completely, showing the entire cafeteria of her true colours, if they didn't already know. Damian scoffed at her behaviour.

"I am not a fool, Carter." Damian called Madison by her last name, irritation dripping from his voice. "I know what you're trying to do, this stupid gimmick. You only do this to increase your fame and popularity, I do not associate myself with people like you."

Madison scowled, well if you could even call it that. In all honesty, the lousy attempt of trying to seem threatening made Damian tied between snorting in amusement and yawning in boredom, it was that bad. But since the situation was serious, and to keep up his reputation, the stone cold expression remained on his face. She then scoffed. "You just don't know how to admit your feelings for me." Then she did what no one anticipated. Maison took a step towards the green-eyed boy, grabbed his face with both of her hands and attempted to place a kiss on his lips. Luckily, Damian was quick to react. He forcefully pushed her off him, leaving Madison flat on her backside. "Ow-!"

She cut herself off as Damian menacingly rose. "Keep your filthy hands of me you harlot."

"Wh-"

"Did I stutter?" As he raised his voice, Madison curled in on herself. Jon looked tense, his angry gaze was directed at the girl on the floor, ready to intervene if anything else were to happen. Though, he knew he wasn't need. "First and foremost, I explicitly told you that I was not interested. Obviously you, Carter, cannot handle rejection as evident by the way you dealt with it just now."