Chapter Twelve: The Boulder

Mikasa and Hans stared in shock as Eren twisted around violently, his Titan body roaring in pain.

Armin clung to the sword embedded in his nape, barely holding on.

"Stop it!!!" Mikasa screamed down at Armin. "You'll get yourself killed!!!"

"I'm fine!" Armin screamed back. "Just keep doing what you need to keep the rest at bay! Trust me, there are tons of other people you should be worried about! Now leave Eren to me and go do what you do best!!!"

Mikasa gritted her teeth turning around and grappling away.

"Be safe Armin," Hans yelled down to him in worry.

"Don't worry about me!!!" He shouted back as Hans turned and grappled towards the rest of the battalion. "Do your job!"

Eren let out another deafaning roar, collaspsing to the ground.

"Eren!" Armin gasped, leaning his face closer to the cut on his nape. "Can you hear me?!"

"Pull youself together!" Eren heard Armin's muffled voice echo as he laid in a daze. "We're all going to die if you don't snap out of it!!!"

"Don't give in to the Titan's power!" Armin pleaded. "Hurry up and climb out!"

"Get out of here?"  Eren thought sleepily. "Why? I'm tired now."

"Eren!" Armin urged. "Come out! Hurry!"

No response.

"Eren!" Armin begged, slamming his fist down on his monsterous neck. "What happened to avenging Emma? What happened to avenging your mom?! You were gonna drive out all the Titans, remember?!"

Eren opened his eyes, finding himself in his old home.

Emma played peacefully on the floor as Mikasa and Hans helped his mom in the kitchen.

He glanced up to see a young Armin pounding on the window.

"You hate them for killing your mom, remember?!" He shouted, hitting the glass.

"What are you talking about, Armin," Eren asked, confused. "Mom and Emma are right there."

"Eren! Eren!" Armin screamed, continuing to hit the nape to no avail. "Wake up, Eren! You're in there, right?! Eren! If we stay here, the Titans will kill us! It'll all end here!"

Een glanced back at the window as Armin furiously hit it.

"You're not making any sense," Eren sighed, looking away. "Why should I have to go outside? Why would I want to leave?"

Eren's eyes widened as ge came to a realization.

"Why would I want to join the Scouts?" He mumbled, staring at his mom.

Nearby, Jean ran alongside Annie and Conny as he glanced over his shoulder, watching a Titan pull a soldier into its mouth feet first, the man's screaming ending in a crunch.

A Titan closed in from behind, swiping at Conny as he jumped, barely dodging it.

He shot his grapple at a wall as failed to pierce and he turned around in horror as the Titan closed in on him.

Jean turned, shooting the monster in the arm with his grapple and getting its attention.

"Jean?!" Conny screamed in shock as the Titan turned and began to chase after him.

"Get up the Wall!!!" Jean ordered as he led the creature away.

Conny grappled safely over the Wall looking down, watching in horror.