Character Profile: Nile Dawk

Race: Caucasian

Age: 39

Birthplace: Wall Rose

Affiliation: Military Police

Rank: Commander

Status: Alive

Overview:

Nile was a member of the same Training Corps as Erwin Smith, and the two were good friends. 

They agreed to join the Survey Corps together, but then Nile met a woman named Marie at the bar the group often frequented. 

Both men fell in love with her, but Nile ultimately chose to abandon his comrades to be with her. 

He enlisted in the Military Police and started a family with Marie.

Nile prides himself on being a very rational individual. 

Whenever he is faced with a tough choice, he weighs all possible options and chose the one that makes the most sense to him. 

He wanted to have Eren Jaeger executed but was not blind to his usefulness like Pastor Nick was. 

He determined that the potential civil war within the Walls was too great a cost, especially considering the Scouts could not guarantee anything about Eren. 

However, he relented his position when Levi brought up the fact that the Military Police would be ill-equipped to deal with Eren in his Titan form. 

Nile was never totally committed to one way and would change his opinion as a situation developed. 

A similar instance was when he questioned Erwin due to him violating laws and command structure, but allowed his plan to go on since the Female Titan was already released and it would be very difficult to stop it without Erwin leading the Survey Corps.

(Appearance)

Nile is a lean man with well-defined cheek and jawbones. 

He has thin black hair that was cut shorter on the sides but is relatively shaggy elsewhere. 

Nile's eyes are notably narrow and dark, with mild bags beneath them. 

He also sports a very light mustache and goatee. 

He is always seen wearing the standard Military uniform bearing the Military Police symbol, paired with a bolo tie similar to that of his fellow military commanders.