(12.) Peace and Silence

2:31

Lathan still wouldn't get off of you. You tried slapping him across the face and everything. That still didn't even work. Then all of a sudden he got up.

"Don't get up. If you do, your gonna get hurt so bad, you'll pass out." Lathan said, grabbing duck tape off the dresser.

You hesitated to talk. You hesitated to do anything. You barely even wanted to breath. Lathan walked towards you and had duck taped your mouth. Then he duck taped your hands to his bed. Then your feet.

Once Lathan was finally done, he walked back towards you. Then he went back on top of you. You tried screaming but you couldn't. Your wrists hurt so bad, they had bloody red cuts on them from the bed frame. You regretted every last moment of your life. You wished you hadn't gone to Noah's collage in the first place. You wished you didn't see him sleep with another girl. You wished you could go back to the past and none of this wouldn't have happened. You wished someone knew where you were. But no one did.

2:43

Lathan was still going at it. You were numb. It has been at least 20 minutes. No one still didn't know where you were at. You hoped someone would come and save you. But you still had no hope.

Lathan got up. He stood right next to you.

"I'm going to the bathroom. Don't play dumb when I'm gone." Lathan said, walking towards the bathroom.

You wanted to leave. And you tried. But quietly. You first tried to move your legs around, making the tape come off Lathan's bed. Your legs were now free. You needed to free your arms now. You tried everything from lifting your legs up and using your feet. But it was still a fail. Then you tried to twist your arms around. You felt the tape coming off the bed frame, meaning your one step away from running away.

After a minute or so of moving your arms around, the tape came off. Now your legs and arms were free. Meaning you were free to run. But you were scared. There were many possibilities where you wouldn't make it out. From the front door being locked to you tripping over something. But you made a move.

You got up from the bed quietly and grabbed a blanket since you were naked. You wrapped the blanket around you and slightly opened the bedroom door. Right as you opened the door, Lathan came out of the bathroom. He saw you opening the door. You looked behind you. You and Lathan were making eye contact. As soon as you saw him running towards you, you ran out the door.

While running, you had no idea where to go. His house was huge. But you did find the stairs. Right as you ran down the stairs you saw a familiar car in Lathan's driveway. IT WAS NOAH'S. You tried to open the door but Lathan grabbed your hair, pulling you away from the door. Still watching the door, you saw Noah get out of his car. He was with Charli. Lathan pulled you into the kitchen, where he grabbed a knife.

"If you talk once, your dead." Lathan said, holding the knife near your throat.

That's when you heard Noah and Charli knock on the door. Lathan held you behind the kitchen island, so no one could see you. You wanted to do something, anything at this point. But as soon as you would do something, you knew you'd be dead.

Noah and Charli were still at the door. They knew something strange was going on. You'd seen them from the corner of your eye. Noah pulled out his phone. You thought he was going to call the police, you hoped.

3:01

Lathan was still sitting down with you behind the island. You could tell he was scared. He was covered in sweat and his face was all red. You were so curious, if Lathan loved you, why would he do this to you? But on the other hand, if Noah loved you, why did he sleep with another girl?

3:07

While Lathan was hoping Noah and Charli would leave, they didn't. In fact, you guys heard sirens. Lathan panicked. As soon as Noah and Charli turned their backs, he made a run for it. He grabbed you by the hair and pulled you upstairs. When you guys went upstairs, he was still tugging on your hair with one hand and put down the knife with the other. While putting the knife down, he used that hand to pull the ladder down leading to the attic.

"Go up there." Lathan whispered.

You did what he told you. You walked up the ladder and went in the attic. Once you climbed up the ladder, he grabbed it and pushed it back up, practically trapping you in the attic. Then he used a lock and locked you in there. After locking you, Lathan ran off. You heard his footsteps disappear. But you did hear more police sirens coming towards Lathan's house. You didn't know where Lathan went but you did start banging on the attic door. You kept banging, hoping someone would hopefully find you, but no one did yet.

3:19

While sitting in the attic, you decided to look around since you had nothing else to do. There was just old boxes, an old couch, and random magazines. You sat on the old couch and read an magazine until someone came into the house looking for you.

3:26

While reading the magazine, you heard someone slam the door open. You got up from the couch and starting banging on the door again.

"DIXIE?" Charli yelled.

"HELP, I'M UP HERE." You screamed, banging the door.

Then you heard someone run up the stairs.

"Dixie?" Charli asked.

"I'm in here." You said, trying to open the door.

"GUYS SHE'S LOCKED IN HERE. IT'S LOCKED." Charli screamed, trying to jump up to you and open the door.

Everyone ran up the stairs and tried their best to get you out.

"I'm going to find a ladder, then I'll smash the lock with a hammer." A police officer said.

3:32

The police officer came back with a ladder. He tried smashing the lock. And it worked. He got off the ladder and moved it to the side. Then he opened the door, making the attic ladder come down too. You climbed down the ladder, still half naked but with a blanket still wrapped around you. Charli was helping you down the ladder, supporting your legs. Right as you climbed down the ladder, you gave Charli the biggest hug ever.

"I love you." You whispered in her ear, while crying.

"I love you too." She said back.

After you gave Charli a hug, you saw Noah standing to the side with your parents. You didn't know what to say, nor what to do. Should you thank him for saving you? Should you ignore him? Should you still be mad at him? You had no clue what to do, so you stood there in silence, crying.