(15.) Be careful

"What was that?" Charli panicked, getting out of the pool.

"I don't know, but all I know is that someone is watching us." You said.

"Let's go inside." Charli said.

You and Charli went inside and dried off.

"What happened?" Your mom asked, sitting at the table drinking wine.

"We heard something." You said.

"Yea, so we just wanted to come inside." Charli said.

"Well, be careful. We don't know where Lathan is. That could of been him." Your mom said.

"Well, I'm going to go upstairs to take a shower." Charli said, walking upstairs.

"I guess I should take a shower too." You said, walking towards the downstairs bathroom.

8:15

While you were showering, you heard something bang at the window. You thought someone threw a rock at the window. That's when you started to panic. You got out of the shower and wrapped yourself in a towel. Then you walked out the bathroom and into the kitchen to talk to your mom.

"Hey mom?" You asked.

"Yea, what's up?" Your mom asked.

"When is the police officer coming over to look over our place?" You asked.

"I have no idea, but I think he'll come tomorrow. If not, I'll call." Your mom said.

"Okay." You said.

"Why did you ask?" Your mom said.

"Oh, I don't know. Just wondering." You said, walking back to the bathroom.

While walking to the bathroom, you went to go check to see if there was any sort of dent or hole in the window. You didn't see anything besides a little scratch. You doubted your parents would notice. You closed the door behind you and got ready for bed.

8:28

You got dressed and brushed your hair. You walked out the bathroom and had realized your mom was still sitting at the table.

"Hey mom? Where is dad?" You asked.

"Oh. I think he went to the store." Your mom said, taking a sip of her wine.

"The store? This late? Mom, tell me the truth." You said.

"Well, he just went out for the night." Your mom said.

"Where did he go?" You asked.

"Just for a drive. Me and him got into a little argument but everything is going to be alright. Me and him are perfectly fine." Your mom said, smiling at you.

"Mhm." You said sarcastically, walking upstairs.

Once you walked to your room, you grabbed you phone and sat on your bed. You texted Noah.

Messages:

You: I miss you :(

Noah: Me too. Is everything alright?

You: Not really.

Noah: Why? What happened??

You: My mom and dad got into an argument and now they're mad at each other. And while I was showering, I think someone threw a rock at the window.

Noah: Wait what? Dixie, please be careful. I don't want that Lathan dude to hurt you. Make sure he stays off your property. Want me to come over??

You: No, it's fine. I think I should be fine tonight. And I asked my mom about the whole police officer thing and stuff. She said he should be coming over tomorrow.

Noah: Well that's good.

You: Yea. I'm just scared. I'm scared about what would happen if I ever came in contact with Lathan again and I'm scared about my parents splitting up. I really don't want them too. At least not right now. I need them by my side.

Noah: Hey, you have me. If anything ever happens, I'm here for you :)

You: Ik.

Noah: Love you.

You: Love you too.

You looked up from your phone and Charli was standing at your door.

"Hey." You said in confusion.

"Hi." Charli said, walking towards your bed.

"What's wrong?" You asked.

"Nothing. Just checking in on you." Charli smiled.

"I think I should be fine for tonight." You laughed.

"I know, but still. I love you and I don't want anything happening to you." Charli said.

"Aw, I love you too. And I think everything will be alright." You smiled.

"Alright, I'm going to be laying in my bed. If you need anything, you know where to find me." Charli smiled, walking out your door.

"Goodnight." You said.

You got up from your bed and closed your door, then turned the tv on. Then you sat back down in your bed and went back on your phone, strolling through tiktok. '

9:32

While watching tiktok, you heard the front door slam shut. You thought it was your dad, just getting back from his drive. And you were right. All of a sudden, you heard your mom and dad arguing like nothing.

"I'M SERIOUS MARC! WHY DID U DO THAT. WHERE DID YOU EVEN GET THE MARIJANA FROM?" Your mom yelled.

You walked out into the hallway, where you met Charli sitting there, ease dropping.

"Heidi, don't yell. I don't want the kids to find out!" Your dad said in a stern voice.

"WHY DON'T YOU WANT THEM TO FIND OUT? ARE YOU EMBARRASED? BECAUSE YOU SHOULDN'T BE, YOUR A GROWN FUCKING MAN!" Your mom yelled, walking up the stairs.

You and Charli quickly ran to your rooms before your mom came upstairs. You casually sat in your bed and watched tiktok until you heard your mom fiercely walk into her room, then slammed the door. Right after your mom slammed her door, your dad came running up from behind her and opened the door. Then he slammed it when he walked into the room.

You quickly got up from your bed to see if you could hear anything they were talking about. You stood near your door and put your ear up to the crack. You peaked your head out the door seeing if Charli was listening to their conversation too. And she was. You and Charli made eye contact and eventually cried.