(16.) Everything Is Going To Be Okay

"If we don't pay our bills, we'll lose the house." Your mom said.

"I know, I understand." Your dad said.

"You clearly don't understand!" Your mom said in a fierce tone.

"Look, I'm sorry. I'll try to do better next time." Your dad said.

"When is there going to be a next time?" Your mom said, walking out the room.

You ran to your bed and assumed Charli did the same. You were scared. You didn't want to lose the house. If you did, who knows what would happen. You and Charli might not even get the chance to see your friends anymore. Nor your boyfriends. You decided to text Noah for support.

Messages:

You: Noah, I'm scared :(

Noah: Baby, everything is going to be alright. I promise.

You: Yea, but Charli and I were ease dropping on my parents' conversation. It wasn't sounding good.

Noah: Lets facetime.

-----------------------------

Noah facetimed you and you answered.

"Hey." You said in a shaky voice.

"Dixie, what's wrong? What did you hear?" Noah asked.

"Well, they were talking about how we could lose the house if we don't pay our bills in time." You said.

"Baby, I'm sure they'll find a way to pay the bills. It just takes time." Noah said.

"Yea but what if they don't. We'll have to end up moving somewhere else. If we move somewhere far, I won't be able to see you." You frowned.

"Dixie, even if you do move far away, I'll still come and visit you." Noah said.

As you were talking to Noah your mom came in.

"Noah, I'm going to let you go, talk to you later." You said.

You hung up the phone and your on sat next to you on yor bed.

"Honey, we aren't moving." Your mom said.

"I though we were." You frowned.

"No. Your uncle Rick is going to help us. I gave him a text and he said he would love to help us." Your mom smiled.

"Wait really?" You said, jumping up and down with excitement.

"Yea." Your mom smiled.

"But what about dad? Are you and him still fighting?" You asked.

"I honestly don't know anymore. I'm trying my best to give him the help he needs but he isn't accepting it. He acts like everything is fine but it really isn't." Your mom frowned.

"Yea." You frowned.

"Well I'm going to go and talk to him." Your mom said, walking out your room.

"Good luck." You said.

Once your mom left your room, you immediately called Noah.

"Hey, what's up?" Noah asked.

"So, I guess we aren't losing the house." You smiled.

"Wait, really?" Noah smiled.

"Yep." You smiled.

"Wow. So, how did your parents manage that?" Noah asked.

"Our uncle is helping us. But only for a little bit until my dad gets better." You said.