Connection

January 17th, 14:08

- Eren's pov-

I was getting out of the shower when I heard Mikasa talk to someone. ' Did someone came in while I was showering?'

" Yeah, Y/n should be there at anytime." I heard her say. I wrapped a towel around my waist and peeked my head out of the bathroom.

" Y/n's coming?!" I asked to Mikasa, who was alone in my dorm. Armin wasn't there.

" Yeah, were doing a zoom call with her... It's been 3 weeks since we last talked, you want to join?" I though about it, but then shook my head.

" Oi! Join the call and tell her." I heard Connie say on the other side of the computer.

" Tell what to who?" I froze at Y/n's voice. Everyone in the call screamed her name. I stayed behind the camera. " Hey guys, I've missed you. Where's Eren?" She sounded so sad, worried.

" He's-" Mikasa started but I fixed her with a " I'm not here" look. " He's at a shoot... But he says hi." I glanced at Mikasa, she gave me a "what" look and went back to her call. I finished getting dressed up and opened the door.

- Your pov-

" Oh, well... You'll tell him hi for me... Do you guys think he's mad at me?"

" I don't think he's that mad-" Marco started.

" Marco don't lie to her... He... He finds it hard..." Sasha said.

" Oh..." You looked down and sighed.

" How is it back there?" Sasha asked to break the awkward silence.

" I guess it should be fun... But since my fathers death, the house is quiet. I got to see my childhood friends. But it's hard, really hard..." You tried not to cry. " But enough 'bout me, how are you guys?"

***

" Oh shoot, uhm we have to go." Connie said. " But know that we're here for you, y/n. Even miles apart, we are by your side." All the others agreed and gave you their condolences.

Only you and Mikasa were left.

" Y/n... Eren's been a mess." She admitted. " His anxiety attacks are back... And he's out of his mind. He was here in the room when you joined, but he didn't want to talk to you." These word felt like a shot in the chest. He was ignoring you, but you understood him.

" I can't say more, but you guys need to talk. I don't know when you where planning on coming back, but the quicker the better. Eren really needs you." You weren't planing on going back, that was the truth. Eren ignoring you made you realize that, maybe you were better out of his life. You had clearly hurted him, but why did he care so much? You were just a friend... Right?

" I'll think about it..."

***

January 18th, 2:45 (WARNING: suicidal thoughts and puking)

You were still not asleep. You were on your bathroom floor, crying. He hated you. Eren hated you for what you did. At that moment, you felt worthless. What was you goal? What was your reason to live? Fall in love? Ruined it. School? You had dropped out of your session. Your family? Only your mom was left. Your friends? Maybe...

In between your sobs, you heard your phone vibrate in your room. You got up and walked to it. It was Eren. You had 10 missed calls from him. You quickly opened your phone and sat on your bed. You dialed Eren's number and listened to it ring.