One Death, Three Losses [Nozel Silva]

This will be somewhat short.

🚨Intense Chapter Ahead🚨

Reader POV

On November 15th when Nozel and I were both 13, Lady Acier Silva died giving birth to Noelle.

Nozel became harsher towards me, more than when his mother was alive.

Part of the reason was that he was horrified I was his soulmate and from the Spade kingdom, the daughter of Satan from Hell.

But I was also half-human.

Acier had rescued me from the Spade kingdom where I was tortured for entertainment by the Dark Triad.

She had brought me to House Silva and introduced me to her son Nozel and daughter Nebra.

Both hated me, but the moment I touched Nozel to push him away for bullying me, a bright light appeared and a soulmate mark was put on our wrists.

I had fate magic and just went along with it even though he was mad.

Acier herself knew of it and urged her son to be nicer to me since we'd be married one day, but he wouldn't give.

At least, when she wasn't around.

When she was around, he was sweet. But the moment she left, he would spit at me and shove me away.

When we got older, he began to develop feelings but didn't show me.

In fact he only got more abusive.

I only stayed at House Silva because I felt I was obligated to as Acier had rescued me.

Then things took a turn for the worst when Acier went back to the Spade kingdom for a mission and was cursed by Megicula to die all because the devils were looking for me.

When she told Nozel, he hated me even more but didn't show it to her.

Then Acier died in the process of giving birth to Noelle.

I was at the funeral but didn't speak to anyone, just holding a crying Noelle in my arms.

Nozel and his siblings cursed at us, telling me to leave.

So I did.

And I didn't look back.

I occasionally heard from Fuegeleon as we got older, but I never returned to House Silva despite it being a home for me at one point in my life.

Nozel became the Head of House Silva as well as the captain of the Silver Eagles, the squad Acier personally asked me to join.

Given that Acier was dead, I felt no need to associate with her children anymore as they treated me all but kindly.

I left the squad and joined the upcoming Azure Deer lead by my dear friend Julius Novachrono.

When he became the wizard king, he promoted me to start my own squad so I did.

I chose close friends and made Dorthy my vice-captain as we were very close.

I would see Nozel at captain's meetings and ignore him unless I absolutely had to.

Then one day, I decided to just cut off the soulmate string since neither of us liked each other.

When the string snapped, I felt like my heart had been torn to two.

No doubt Nozel felt the same way since he stormed into my base ten minutes later, demanding to know why the sting was snapped and the mark gone.

"Why does it matter?" I asked him, giving him an indifferent look. "You and I are nothing."

He stomped over to the desk and I put up a shield of blood as that was my other attribute, to protect myself from his mercury magic.

"You don't fucking understand!" He screamed. "You're my fucking soulmate! You can't just-"

I glared at him through the blood barrier, feeling nothing but hatred for him. "Nine years, Nozel. Nine. You abused me for nine years. We've known each other for almost our entire lives. You've never been nice to me."

"Yes I have!"

"No, you haven't. You would act nice so your mother wouldn't scold you." I took down the barrier, the blood going back to my body. "To be honest, I never understood why she was so gentle with you. And I don't know where she went wrong with you. You're an arrogant and selfish dickhead."

He grabbed my collar and slapped my face. "Don't you dare-"

I quickly butted my head against his hard, shoving him back. "Don't you touch me. You should be ashamed of yourself. Now get out."

"This isn't over," he swore.

"Oh, but it is. The next time you try and attack me or my squad, I will personally make sure you suffer."

And he didn't come back.

One day, we got into a big fight and it ended up almost killing me.

I was rushed to the hospital and they barely were able to save me.

Nozel came by each day, trying to apologize to me.

He begged me to listen to him, but I didn't care what he had to say.

He was dead to me.

Dorthy was hostile to him, but had no other choice but to respect him as a captain.

My dear friends all visited me when I laid on my deathbead as that's how powerful and toxic the mercury was.

Nozel himself visited, but we just sat in silence.

When I was talking with Dorthy about who I wanted at my funeral, he wasn't on the list.

Only Noelle who was seven at the time was invited.

I died the next week in my sleep.

No one's POV

The day Captain (y/n) of the Coral Peacocks died, Dorthy Unsworth took her place and organized the funeral for her close friend and former captain.

Even though I was from the Spade kingdom and a foreigner as well as a cold individual, those close to me all mourned since they knew the true me.

Also I was a captain, so the loss of a captain took a toll on the kingdom.

Nozel came to the funeral anyway, but everyone who knew of what happened between us kicked him out.

"She's dead because of you," Dorthy spat. "But because I know she would be upset if I attacked you, I won't. Now get out of here before I call the guards."

As the years passed, Nozel grew to become more cold and closed off, desperately missing his former soulmate.

He realized his true feelings much too late and regretted all the torture he put her through.

Truly, the loss of his mother made him loose three things.

Acier Silva, his mother and first friend.

(y/n) his soulmate and former family member.

And himself.

______________

Ah yes small angst