Chapter 9 - Fitz

A/N: 

AHH I'm SO sorry about not updating in forever. I've been busy and I had writers block for a while but I am going to try and update a lot more and I'm going to try and get a decent writing schedule. I hope you like this chapter. I believe it's longer than they usually are. I will try to get another chapter up before the end of the week, but no promises. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fitz stared at the back of Keefe's head as it slowly got smaller. He blinked and ran to catch up to Keefe. Once he catches up, he opens his mouth to say something but closes his mouth when he sees Keefe's lips pressed in a tight line.

Sitting on the steps, waiting for Biana, the two boys sit in awkward silence. Keefe looked to be in deep thought.

"Are you okay?" Fitz asks. "Did something happen between you and Sophie?"

Keefe jerks his head up, looking at Fitz. "Huh? No nothing happened. Why?"

Fitz chuckles and looks up at the ceiling. "You know, I've always heard that when people meet their soulmates, they get this strange feeling. Like butterflies in their stomach or a shock when they touch." He looks back towards the blond. "Is that what happened?"

"I-"

"MOVE!"

The boys jump when they hear a shout from the locker room as the door opens. Linh and Biana wrestle each other, each trying to get out first, just to end up stuck. They suddenly fall onto the floor and the boys look up to see Sophie glancing up from her phone to see what happened.

"You guys are dumb." She carefully steps over the fallen soldiers and waits for them to get up. Biana sticks out her tongue as Linh sits up slowly.

"What?" Keefe mutters under his breath.

The trio finally look up, noticing the boys. They giggle at their baffled expressions. "You guys will never understand true friendship," Biana declared.

Keefe gasps and puts his hand on his chest, pretending to be offended. "What are you talking about? Have you seen how true of a friendship we have?" He exclaims as he wraps his arm around Fitz's shoulder.

"Seriously," Fitz continues. "Our friendship is truer than anyone else's will ever be!"

The three girls roll their eyes. Sophie walks over to the two girls, who are still on the ground, and puts her arms out to help the girls up.

Before Biana can react, Linh grabs both of Sophie's hands and gets up. Biana's mouth falls agape. "The betrayal," She mutters as she pretends to wipe tears away from her eyes.

"You are so dramatic." Linh reaches out to help Biana up. Biana crosses her arms and crosses her legs.

"I don't want your help. I can get up on my own."

"Then why are you still sitting there?" Fitz raises his eyebrows.

Sophie jumps, forgetting the boys were there. Keefe shuffles next to Sophie and elbows her side, mischief in his eyes. "Forget we were here?"

"I- no." Sophie mutters, looking away from him while her face heats up.

Fitz glares at their interaction, lost in thought.

"Hurry up Linh." A voice comes from the door leading outside.

Tam was impatiently standing in the doorway. Linh hurriedly picks up her duffle bag and runs toward her twin. "Bye guys!"

"Bye." The rest of them say in unison.

Everyone else sits in an awkward silence until Sophie speaks up. "I should get going too. My parents will start to get worried."

"Will you be at practice tomorrow?" Biana inquired as the two of them walked out the school doors.

"Probably but I don't know for sure."

"You good?" Keefe whispers to Fitz and they trail behind the chatting girls.

After glancing at Sophie, Fitz looks back at Keefe.

"Yeah, of course."