Chapter 14 - Keefe

a/n: i updated all the chapters i rewrote. it's not necessary that you read them, but i did change quite a few things up and i would appreciate if you did ;)

~~~

   It's been a little over a week since Keefe and Fitz joined the smp. During the week, Keefe could tell Fitz and Sophie were getting closer. He didn't want to admit it, but it made him jealous. He kept trying to tell himself that he had no reason to be jealous.

It's not like she was his soulmate. Soulmates were stupid. However, he couldn't help but feel butterflies in his stomach every time he saw her or heard her voice. Keefe didn't want to hurt Fitz though, so he tried to ignore it so his best friend could be happy.

"Awe look who's getting red," Keefe sang in Sophie's ear.

"Stop; I do not like him." Sophie glared at him as they walked to the cafeteria.

"You do! Your face just keeps getting redder!"

Sophie scoffs and pulls her hair in front of her face and hurries away from Keefe.

"Foster wait!" Keefe chuckles and jogs to catch up to Sophie. "I'm sorry."\

Sophie rolls her eyes. "Sure you are."

Keefe wraps his arm around her shoulders and pulls him against him. "Would I ever intentionally make you upset?"

"Yes."

"You wound me Foster."

"Sorr-" Sophie's cut off by the sound of arguing.

   Sophie and Keefe freeze in place. Keefe glances at Sophie as she starts to move toward the noise. He pulls her arm to stop her. "What are you doing?"

"It sounds like Linh."

Now that Keefe thought about it, it did sound like Linh. The conversation was really quiet so it took him a second to realize who it was. The duo slowly creep up to listen in on the conversation.

"I'm sorry." Linh sounded heartbroken.

"No, no. Don't apologize. I understand." Keefe peaked around the corner to see a male grab Linh by her hands. Sophie pulls Keefe back behind the wall.

"Really?"

"Yeah. You can't control how you feel. I'm just glad you told me."

"I still love you, even if it's only platonic; you'll always have a special place in my heart." There was relief in Linh's voice.

Sophie grasps his hand and pulls him outside into the courtyard so Linh could have some privacy.

"Who was that?" Keefe whispered to Sophie.

"That was Linh and her boyfriend."

"Linh had a boyfriend?" Keefe asks, clearly shocked.

"Yeah, his name's Wylie." Sophie responds, pulling him quickly so they could get to lunch without any suspicion.

"He seemed really understanding, though I'm surprised Tam let her date him."

"They all grew up together. Tam still protested though, a lot."

They walk the rest of the way in silence and right before they enter the cafeteria, Sophie realized she was still holding Keefe's hand.

She jumps back and lets go, her face heating up in embarrassment. "I'm so sorry! I didn't realize-"

"It's fine Foster. Don't worry about it." Keefe's eyes sparkle with mischief and he shoots her his signature smirk. "You're cute when you blush."

Keefe starts walking away and Sophie just stares at the back of his head, before she snaps into action. "YOU CAN'T JUST SAY THAT AND WALK AWAY!"