Chapter 19 - Sophie

Sophie awoke to her phone buzzing on her side table. She must've forgotten to put it on silent before bed last night. Sophie rolls over to turn it off and she sees multiple texts from Biana and one from Fitz. Sophie sits up in bed, rubbing her eyes. What could Fitz want that late at night? With suspicion, she opens the text.

Hey Soph, I was wondering if you wanted to hangout next weekend or something, just the two of us.

Sophie felt her face heat up at the nickname and she stared at the text, trying to figure out how to reply. Sophie had to help her parents with new animals coming in. She didn't know how to reply without hurting his feelings. She continuously pushed up Biana's notifications, but they kept coming in.

bestest friend <3

Sophie

Sophie

Sophie

Sophie

Sophie

Sophie

Wake up

Sophie

Sophie

Sophie

Wake up

sophie

what biana

bestest friend <3

Good you're awake

sophie

why did you wake me up

bestest friend <3

Because you needed to wake up

sophie

why

bestest friend <3

No reason <3

sophie

okay thanks ig

bestest friend <3

You're welcome :)

Sophie sighed as she returned to staring at Fitz's text. She felt like her thoughts were going a thousand miles per hour. After about five minutes, she thought of something to say.

i'd be happy to but i have to help grady and edaline with the new animals

maybe another time?

Sophie threw her phone on her pillow and started to get ready for the day. She hopped in the shower, trying to brush the weird feeling in her stomach away. Maybe she was getting sick.

After changing into clean clothes, Sophie checks her phone while brushing her golden locks. Fitz hasn't replied so she assumed he was still sleeping. She brushed it off as she went downstairs to find out what Edaline made for breakfast.