Chapter 6 - Keefe

Keefe slips off his volleyball shoes as everyone except Fitz heads out. After sliding on his tennis shoes, he helps Fitz clean up the gym. Their volleyball practice always ended before the girls' basketball practice so they had time to spare.

"Can you take the volleyballs to the closet?" Fitz asks as he sweeps the floor.

"Yeah."

Keefe gets the keys to the closet and goes to put up the volleyballs. When he gets back, Fitz is nowhere to be found. Keefe figures he's waiting outside the gym, so he grabs his bags and heads out.

Outside the gym, Fitz is nowhere to be found and Keefe starts getting a little irritated. He decides to check the girls' gym and if he wasn't there, he would call him.

Slowly opening the door, Keefe steps into the gym and immediately spots Fitz. He was flirting with two of the basketball girls, who were seemingly on a water break.

"Stop flirting with my brother!" Biana shoots them a glare from across the gym.

Keefe quickly walks over to where Fitz is sitting on the bleachers. "Why didn't you tell me you were coming in here?"

"I thought I did." Fitz glances up from his phone. "Sorry."

"It's fine."

---

The girls' practice lasted about a half hour longer than the boys' so as they were sitting on the bleachers, Fitz was scrolling through Tiktok with Keefe looking over his shoulder.

After a while, Keefe gets bored and watches the girls practice. They were doing this weave drill where they throw the ball and then run behind the girl they passed to.

Keefe zones out until he feels knots in his stomach and the gym door opens.

"Sophie!" The teams run up to the blonde girl who just walked through the doors and gather her in a group hug.

She had a nasal cast on her nose and tried to put as much distance from her face and the girls flailing hands from her nose, trying to keep it from being hit.

Fitz looks up to see what was happening and Keefe couldn't help but notice the smile FItz got on his face when his eyes met Sophie's. Sophie shot him a smile and gave him a small wave. Keefe stood up to leave the gym and he met Sophie's eyes on the way out.

"How long are you out for?" Marella asks, bringing Sophie's attention back to the girls surrounding her.

Sophie looks back at the team. "Five weeks."

"Five weeks?!"