Chapter 3

Sora had had a really bad morning. She had woken up late yet again despite her alarm.  She had missed the first train and had to wait for the second, making her late by fifteen minutes, And if that wasn't bad enough, she had been given detention by Aizawa himself. Unfortunately, Bakugo had laughed and earned himself a detention after school as well.The prospect of serving detention with the angry ash blonde did not sit well with the girl and had ruined her day. 

It was now lunch time and Sora walked around, looking for an empty table while holding her tray. The sound of her name being called reached her ears, making her turn swiftly around. The pinkette, Mina Ashido waved at her from her table. "Kuran, come sit with us today," she calls out, standing and waving her over eagerly. With a tired sigh, Sora makes her way to Mina's table. 

She freezes and almost turns around when her Lilac eyes meet a pair of moody vermilion ones. The boy scoffs and turns his head, knowing that the only available seat was between him and Mina. Feeling slightly uncomfortable, Sora places her tray on the table and takes her place between the pinkette and the explosive blonde at the table.

"So Kuran, how are you doing with the lessons in class so far?" Mina questions. It had been a week since school had begun. They had all received a lot of homework from Present Mic and Midnight. Sora had never had academic issues though. Shaking her head, she turns to Mina. "Please just call me Sora. And the subjects are actually so easy I could probably sleep through them and still pass with good grades," Sora laughs. Mina looks at the indigo haired girl in astonishment. "It really isn't that easy," she mumbles under her breath.

Shrugging since she knew it would be pointless to argue, Sora takes a bite of her lunch. The bubbly pink-haired air head babbles on, commenting about how lucky they  were to have Pro heroes teaching them in all subjects instead of just regular high school teachers. Sora could not argue there. Then the million dollar question came up.

"So, Sora. What made you want to become a hero?" Kirishima asks from across the table. Sora's face falls, immediately catching the attention of one Katsuki Bakugo. The seconds tick past as a slightly tormented look comes over Sora's face. "Well, there are a few reasons. It isn't really a secret, but my parents are dead. The villain Remnant broke into my house one night and slaughtered them in my kitchen. He was coming for me next. I was only nine years old, so I froze up. When I saw him, I couldn't do anything but wait for it all to be over. My quirk was too weak back then to fight back."

Sora pauses, noticing the attentive yet horrified looks of everyone at the table as she continues on. "He told me he was going to kill me. I felt completely helpless. I couldn't scream. I couldn't run. I was almost in a daze. Then the heroes showed up and arrested him. I was adopted by the hero that saved me. I made a promise after that. To become a hero that saves others from the same situation. And also to repay the man I now call my dad for giving me a new life," Sora breathes.  The table is silent for a minute, not sure what to say before Mina pats the indigo haired teen on the back.

 "That is a strong background and a big drive for becoming a hero. I think you'll be a great hero some day, Sora," Mina praises. "A tragic past like that! Your inner strength is so manly!" Kirishima cries, rubbing an arm across his face. Sero and Kaminari also comment on her strength to have survived all of that. Sora was so busy trying to calm down her new friends that she didn't notice the pair of vermilion eyes carefully examining her face. 

A strong emotion passed through Bakugo's chest in that moment and he studies the girl in front of his eyes with an unreadable expression. Sora laughs at a sudden joke from Kaminari, her eyes meeting Bakugo's as her head turns to the side. A sudden blush erupts on both teen's cheeks as they glance away from one another. The flame on Sora's cheeks grows more prominent as she takes an awkward bite of her lunch.

'Wait, why am I blushing? All he did was stare at me,' Sora thinks to herself. She fails to notice that Bakugo's face was equally as red, but Mina doesn't. In those moments, Mina smiles to herself, a ship forming in her mind. Lunch period breezes by, the students streaming out of the cafeteria to their respective classes. The trip down the pristine halls were filled with chatter and small bumps and shoves from other students in a hurry. It was all Sora could do to curl her hands into her sides to avoid being shoved by someone else. She finally makes it to class 1-A and walks over to take her place between Bakugo and Todoroki's desks.

Aizawa comes into the classroom, a tired look on his face. He looked as if he would rather be napping, which was probably true. He walks silently to the front of the classroom before announcing that we would be going off campus on a field trip to the USJ. Several students tittered excitedly before Iida stood abruptly from his seat to hush them. The class then again against their feelings of excitement, eventually calms down.

We were given the option to change into either our gym uniforms or our hero costumes. Sora lifts her suitcase and heads for the girls locker rooms. When safely inside, she opens her case and pulls out her suit. It had a golden top, like that of honey that had no sleeves or neckline, instead wrapping around her chest and stopping just below her breasts. The bottoms were a pair of skintight black shorts, tiny to keep from restricting her movement. Then came the boots. The black boots had some heel and and went almost to her lower thighs, ending well above the knees. 

The outfit was adorned with metal studs to help conduct and focus her electrical energy. She had a headpiece that attached in her hair, golden like the top that helped gather static electricity. She had a black fingerless glove on one hand and a studded metal bracelet on the other side. Several gasps reach Sora's ears and she looks up to see several eyes on her. Sora fastens her black studded choker with a frown. "Does it look bad?" She questions. Immediately. Mina shakes her head as a chorus of no's go up. "You look sexy, like a real heart breaker," Mina tells her encouragingly. Sora blushes and covers her face with her hands.

"No, you're just saying that," She giggles, standing up to go. "I'm not though. I bet you will be the first one the guys stare at today," Mina laughs, placing her hand on Sora's shoulder. Sora smiles softly and opens the door, heading out. Just as Mina had said, the boys that were currently out of their locker room stared openly. A few jaw dropped, surprised at her costume which had not been ready until this morning. 

Sora turned, trying to avoid their stares only to come face to face and meet the eyes of one heavily blushing Katsuki Bakugo. His eyes travel slowly from her face to her feet. The whole thing felt like he was somehow appraising her. After a few seconds that seemed like an eternity, Bakugo smirks at her. "Wow, couldn't wear any less or you'd be naked, huh?" he teases her as he taps on the metal bands tying her hair back into a long pleated ponytail. A blush lights up Sora's cheeks as she tries to find a decent comeback. 

"Wow Bakugo, I'm flattered to know you're picturing me naked. But you might want to dream a different dream. This is as close as you'll ever get," Sora replies with a smirk. Bakugo's bright vermilion eyes flash. "Bet on it, flicker," he says, a challenging look in his eyes as he uses the annoying nickname he decidedly gave her the first day of school. "Oh? Whoever loses does what the other says for 72 hours," Sora accepts, her eyebrow raised. A nearly carnal grin makes its way onto Bakugo's face. "You're on. I've always wanted my own personal slave," Bakugo replies with a slightly twisted smile.

"Shake on it," Bakugo grins as Sora extends her hand towards him. Bakugo shakes it, a gleam in his eyes. "Can't wait to collect on this one," he taunts as they are called to take their seats on the bus. The layout of the bus made it impossible for the students to be seated the way that Iida wanted them to be, so Sora was forced to sit next to Mineta, in between him and Bakugo.

Sora could practically hear Mineta drooling beside her, making the hair on the back of her neck stand up. The short grape head had his eyes trained specifically on Sora's chest, making the indigo haired teen shiver in complete disgust. A sudden jab in her ribs makes her glance up at Bakugo. "Oi, Flicker. Trade me seats okay? Don't over think it, just do it," he orders.

Grateful for the opportunity to escape the perv, she trades spots and lets out a sigh of relief. The day could only get better from here right? Little did she know that her world was about to be flipped upside down.