Chapter 15

Work Studies went on mostly as normal. With the Symbol of peace retired, more and more villains came from the depths of depravity. Work Study teachers were hesitant to go out into the field with their students, many of them deciding to patrol the safer streets with their students. 

Ones like Endeavor and Ryukyu thought that it would be a waste of their work study student's talents. On one day specific in the summer, Sora was rushing through getting ready, her new suit mostly on. She had completely redone the color and accents. New year, much different look.

The original suit she had grown out of halfway through her first year, This one she had designed the look before sending off for final approval. The tube top was made of strong yet flexible material, meant to build static to assist her electricity, the sleek indigo color webbed with a dark almost neon purple webbing lightning patterns

. The bottoms were a skintight pair of tights, fixed with a gadget belt, the pockets on it holding tiny projectiles. Her gloves were the color of the night sky, studs fixed into her hair and her wrists. Her tube top haltered around her chest, accentuating her figure.

 Sora had gone from kid to beauty. Her long wavy hair tied behind her head in a ponytail, smoky neon purple and black makeup made up her face, black lipstick plumping her lips. A pair of black combat boots encased her legs. 

She was ready. Meeting up with Ryukyu, they left the lobby, heading out to patrol the streets. A few whistles and catcalls came her way, Sora mostly ignoring them. It felt good to know that others thought of her attractive, but she was here to work. Becoming a great hero was important to her. 

After hearing her story, Ryukyu understood. And then she put her to work. Sora was determined not to hide behind anyone. To not ride anyone's coattails. That was something her mentor admired about her. After a while of patrolling and greeting fans, Sora feels a vibration in the air, coming to a stop. 

"What's beyond here?" She asks Ryukyu, gesturing beyond a heavily fenced in area, seemingly guarded well. Beyond it was a cement building and dozens of black government SUVs. Ryukyu makes a face. 

"Tartarus. Where all the severe criminals go. The ones beyond redemption, too dangerous for jail," she replies.

Sora blinks, giving the place one last look before shivering and turning her back to it. The place gave her the creeps. Walking back the way they came, Ryukyu checks her wristwatch.

 "It's about time for lunch if you would like to pick where we eat," she offers. Sora thinks it over for a few seconds.

 "Okay. How does Onigiri and Tonkatsu sound?" Sora asks. Ryukyu hums. 

"Sounds great. What say you that we get back to the grind stone after?" She asks, following Sora to the place she had picked. Nodding, Sora picks up the pace. "Sounds good."

Usually, Ryukyu guided the young aspiring hero, but this year, she sat back and assessed, only correcting when needed. To say that she was impressed with how the young woman handled herself was an understatement.

 When an opportunity came to do so, Ryukyu coached her. But Sora had such a strong sense of right and justice that she did well on her own. Often, she only needed the older woman for input in the event of the rare dire emergency.

  Which was well enough, Ryukyu thought as she followed Sora into the shop. Ordering their food was quick. Just like the three days she needed Sora for. 

Today was the last day. Sora would be going home at the end of the day, catching a train back to UA. Which was well enough. Sora missed being back at the school. She was sure she had missed a lot. She had been gone since Saturday, today was Tuesday.