PROLOGUE

(AMV Is From the Anime Plunderer. You should add it to your watch list. It's epic. Give it about six episodes)

Lightning strikes wildly on a cloudy, fateful night. The air was charged, tension almost tangible as a girl with indigo hair and lilac eyes cowered in her bed. The nine year old girl shivers with fear as a man wearing bloody yellow and black armor steps into her bedroom. The screaming from earlier had gone absolutely silent. The tall intruder smirked evilly at the fearful child, his face half covered by a mask and what wasn't covered was flecked with blood.

He walks closer to the shaking, cowering child, the lightning from outside illuminating his face. A terrified squeak escapes from her lips as the frightened  9 year old slams her back against the wall in an attempt to get even further away from the villain before her. He lets out an evil chuckle, stepping ever forward. "Why?! Why? Please tell me why you're doing this!" The frightened girl cries out, making the man in front of her pause in complete amusement.

He chuckles, the sound making the girl shiver. "Because I can. I kill therefore I am. If I stopped, I would question my very existence. Now, are you ready to join your parents?" He replies evilly. The small girl before the villain shakes, opening her mouth to reply when a commotion outside her room makes her freeze.

"Remnant, It's over. We have this place surrounded, so come quietly," a voice calls from behind them. The villain called Remnant pauses, a scowl appearing on his lips as he turns towards the hero behind  him. A mop of black hair comes into vision as a man wearing a black hero costume and a white scarf paired with a golden visor walks into view. The scowl on the villain's face turns into a sneer. "EraserHead. I see now. They aim to take out my quirk," Remnant growls.

"Step away from the child and come quietly. You have no chance of escaping. Don't make this even harder than it needs to be," the young hero says, his eyes flickering to the brave but terrified child on the bed. The child stares at the pro hero with hopeful yet fearful eyes, begging him to save her. 

With a soft nod at the child, he takes another step forward, grabbing onto the material of his scarf. Remnant stares him down, charging towards the pro hero as he readies his quirk, only then to find it erased as Eraserhead stares him down, his scarf now wrapped around the villain, his eyes glowing red through the visor. Heroes pour into the house, quickly apprehending the villain and leading him away. 

"Will you tell me your name?" Eraserhead questions, ruffling the girl's hair lightly. The quiet indigo haired girl looks at him for a moment before quietly replying. "It's Sora. Sora Kuran. I'm nine," she tells him. Eraserhead spends a little while with the small child, calming her down. It almost felt natural to him. When the time came to remove Sora from the house, he picked her up, the girl wrapping her arms around his neck. "Close your eyes. I don't want you to see this," Eraserhead instructs her, covering her face with his scarf gently to act as a shield.

The young girl does as she's told, her eyes squeezing shut. When he's sure that her eyes are closed tight and there is no chance of seeing through, walks out of the bedroom and through the house, carrying the small girl past the lifeless corpses of her parents. The sight of their blood splattering the wall made him shiver internally, the gruesome sight of their bodies something he did not want such a young girl to see. The swirling of fresh air brushes against their faces as he reaches the outdoors. 

"Okay Sora. Your can open your eyes now. It's safe," the pro hero tells her. Slowly blinking, Sora takes in the sight of the heroes and rescue vehicles surrounding her house. Her neighbors were outside, peering curiously at the scene before them. looking around, Sora gasps and begins to shiver nervously.

"Where is my  mom and dad?" She asks, looking for them in the chaos. Eraserhead sighs sadly, placing her on the ground. He crouches down, his giant form leveling to her height as tears well in her eyes. He places his large hand on her shoulders. "Sora, please forgive me. We were too late to stop him. You need to be a big, strong girl right now, okay?" 

Nodding at him, Sora rubs her eyes, tears escaping and sobs in her throat. A hero with blonde hair comes up, a sad look on his face as his eyes scan the pitiful but brave child before him. "Eraserhead, there wasn't any family to contact. We need to contact the foster care services and have them come take her in," he says in a low voice. The fear in the child before his eye decides his next words for him. "No. I'll take her. She's been through enough tonight. Present Mic, have them contact me. I'd like to take guardianship of her," Eraserhead tells the blonde pro hero beside him.

"Shit. Aizawa, I really hope you know just exactly what you're getting into. She's a child not a cat," Present Mic tells him. Eraserhead nods, giving his friend a sarcastic roll of the eyes. "I am aware. That doesn't change the fact that we heroes failed her. I won't let heroes fail her again. Sora, you will be coming home with me," Eraserhead replies, turning to the small indigo haired girl beside him with a comforting smile. 

Trembling, Sora nods. "Okay," is all she manages, looking unsure of herself. "Present Mic, I am going to stay here with her. Can you go back in and grab her several changes of clothes? I will replace everything else," Eraserhead requests. With a nod, the blonde pro hero goes off to gather what the child would need.

Sora stood by quietly, sniffling the tears that streamed down her face. Just like that, she made a vow to herself. She would work hard to become a hero so that no one she helped would ever have to fear losing everything ever again. Just like that, her new life began.