Best friend

I'm in love with Timothèe Chalamet.

There, I said it.

Here's the thing. Timmy is my best friend since high school. We've grown up together, I've watched him become an amazing actor and an amazing person. We have the best friendship. I love Timothèe. I've always loved Timothèe, but recently that friendship love is turning into something more, something I can't control, a feeling I can't shake.

I've admitted it to myself, that I'm falling in love with Timothèe. Which I guess is the first step right? But I don't ever think I could tell him how I feel. First of all, I don't think for second he would feel the same way about me. I think he sees me more as a sister than anything, which is not girlfriend material. Second of all, he just broke up with his girlfriend, Lily. He told me he broke up with her because he "has feelings for someone else" were his words, but when I asked who, he said it was someone I didn't know, someone I've never met.

I felt like a horrible friend throughout Timmy and Lily's relationship because not only was Timmy my best friend, lily and I had also grown close. And it's hard to be friends with someone knowing you're secretly in love with their boyfriend and would do anything to have him be yours.

I know, I'm a shitty person.

It was getting harder and harder to hold my feelings back from him, especially now that he's single.

Tonight we were having our normal, weekly movie night. We saw each other almost every day, but each week we would rotate on who got to pick the movie and who's apartment we would go to. Tonight's was timmys night, he was picking the movie at his place, which means I was in charge of food.

I got ready, letting my hair fall down my back in my natural curls and put on some light makeup. And put on some leggings and sweatshirt, knowing it was gonna be a lazy night.

I hurried to the bagel shop before it got too dark, grabbing our food which I had ordered ahead and quickly booking it to timmys apartment with the cold hitting my face like a brick.

I ducked into timmys apartment, opening the door quickly, not even bothering to knock, something neither of us knew how to do when it came to coming to each other's places.

"Jesus Christ it's cold" I said setting down the bag on the counter

"Hey they didn't have any bacon apparently, so I just got you a sausage, egg and cheese" I yelled through the apartment as I took off my scarf

When I didn't hear a response I ventured through the large apartment trying to find him.

The living room was dark and empty, which was weird considering almost every time, he would have the movie set up ready to be watched. Normally the lights would be dimmed just enough where they wouldn't cast a glare on the tv.

I wandered through the hallway, checking the bathroom and then the kitchen. Is he even here? He said he was gonna be here earlier in the day. No he is here, I remember seeing his car outside of the building.

I moved towards the bedroom door, it looked dark inside from what I could tell from the crack between the bottom of the door and the floor. I knocked lightly. When I didn't hear anything, I opened the door slowly peeking my head in, smiling at the sight before me. Timmy, sprawled out on the bed, sleeping peacefully. It was gloomy out that day, the sun was hidden by the clouds, casting a gray light in the room, even though it was only 5 o'clock, the room was just visible enough to see him on the white sheets that were kicked and thrown all around him.

I walked into the room, standing there, debating whether or not to wake him up. I decided to, not only for my selfish reasons of wanting to see him and spend time with him, but I knew he had set the next morning, and if he slept any longer he would never sleep tonight, making tomorrow miserable for him and me who will inevitably have to deal with his grouchy ass complaining about how little sleep he got.

I shook him lightly, he didn't budge. He was a hard sleeper, I've always teased how there could be a hurricane and he would sleep right though it.

I shook his shoulder a little bit harder

"Timmy, wake up" I said softly, not wanting to alarm him

He groaned a bit before opening his eyes and looking up at me confused

"Shit, what time is it?" He said turning over onto his back and running his hands through his curls

"5 probably, maybe a little after" I said taking a seat on the edge of the bed, but still facing him

"Sorry, I got home and completely crashed"

"It's okay"

He looked at me, something he did often obviously, but this time it was different, he stared at me, like he was memorizing my face. I squirmed under his stare, shifting my position and then ultimately standing up

"I brought bagels" I said looking down at him

"Okay" he smiled up at me

"I'll be out in a second"

I walked out of his room and back into the living room, turning on the lights and tv before making my way back out into the kitchen.

I start to grab plates and set two out for us, I heard Timothèe make his way into the living room and then finally I see him appear in the kitchen.

I handed him his bagel and we sat down at the little bar island.

He started telling me about his day on set, how long it felt, the scenes he had, what the costumes were like. All the normal things. I sat there listening, watching his jaw move back and forth as he spoke. I admired how his eyes lit up when he talks about something exciting that happened. How every so often when he moves that one curl that falls in front of eye every time without fail. I noticed how perfect he looked, even without trying, even when he would say he looked like shit.

"Y/n!" He said snapping me out of my trance

"Sorry" I shook my head and looked down at my plate in embarrassment

"Are you okay? You seem spacey today"

"I'm fine"

"You're lying" he sighed

"Really I'm okay" I chuckled

"Y/n, I've known you since high school, I know when you're lying to me"

Should I do it? The question has plagued my mind the last few times we've hung out. Every time, Timothèe seems to make the perfect window for me to confess my feelings to him, yet, I always chicken out.

"Umm" I nervously bit at my finger tips

"Hey, you can tell me anything, you know that right?"

I nodded my head before taking a deep breath

"Timmy I like you, like a lot. And I haven't told you because I'm terrified of loosing what we have and I don't know if you feel the same way, but I just can't keep pretending like everything is okay, when it's not"

I looked up at him, searching for anything on his face. It was blank. Like he was thinking.

I sighed realizing I had just fucked everything up. I look down towards the floor. Tears threatened to spill out of my eyes but I didn't let them.

Suddenly he stood up from his seat and came towards me. He put his hand against my cheek and lifted my face up to meet his. He smiled down at me.

"I like you too" he whispered

"I have ever since I met you"

He leaned down and slowly connected his lips to mine. That moment felt like pure bliss. It was something I had been praying for forever. All of my dreams were coming true

"I love you" he whispered

"I love you too"