Dreamy Days

I squinted my eyes looking up at sunny park before me. I sat on a spread out blanket, a small basket next to me and my favorite book in my lap. What a way to spend your Saturday afternoon.

A nice breeze blew throughout my hair, causing me to tuck it behind my hair. My fingers flicked through the pages quickly. I swear the more times I read this book, the faster it goes by each time.

I glanced up, taking a break from my reading a looked at my surroundings. I was alone for the most part, a ways away was a mom and her kids, running around and yelling, causing me to smile. An older man with a cane sat on a bench reading the newspaper, almost out of sight. I looked up to my locked eyes with a boy sitting at a bench. He was staring right at me.

I looked down immediately. He was cute, really cute. The red and white stripped collard shirt he was wearing made his brown curly hair stand out, and even from across the park, I could see how sharp his jawline was.

I tried to not look back up at him and instead got lost back in my book. It must have been a while, because the next time I checked the time, it was almost 5p.m. I packed up the picnic basket, placing my book in it. I placed my glasses on my face and ran my hands over my sun dress, smoothing it over.

I folded up the blanket and began walking. My car was straight ahead meaning I had to pass the boy on the bench to get to it. I began walking, I could see him staring at me, but what he couldn't see was me staring right back behind my shades.

His lip was between his teeth when I passed. I barely made it two steps passed the bench when he spoke up

"Hey" he said loudly enough for me to stop. I turned around and looked at him, maybe he wasn't talking to me.

"Hi" he said again, a smile appearing on his face

"Oh hi" I said shyly

"I like your dress" he said nodding his head slightly towards my pink teal and white sun dress

"Thank you" I tucked a price of hair behind my ear, a nervous habit I had

"Timothèe" he stuck out his hand and I shook it quickly, he held on a little longer thank normal. His hand was soft. He had nice hands.

"Y/n" I took of my sunglasses and held them in
my hands

"Pretty" he mumbled, I don't know if he meant for me to hear it but I did and my cheeks immediately went a crimson color

"What were you reading?" He asked

"Were you watching me?" I said getting a little more bold and tilting my head to the side a bit

"How could I not notice such a pretty girl?"

I looked down, not being able to think of a good comeback. My face must have been so red at that point.

"The Great Gatsby, that's what I was reading"

"That's a good one"

"My favorite" he continued to look at me, never taking his eyes off of mine

"I should get going" I said putting my sunglasses back on

"Maybe I'll see you here tomorrow?"

"If you're lucky" I smiled at him before turning around and walking off, making sure to keep my shoulders high and sway my hips a little more.

I would definitely see him again, I would make sure of it.