Chapter 8

"Yes, would 8 pm do? I need to help Anna with something e. I think it has something to do with her farm that's why I still need to drive there," I said to Miguel while sipping coffee in front of the screen of my laptop.

Miguel is a friend of mine when I was still in Australia, we studied the same course there and we get along really well. We agreed to meet because I got the news that he's here pala for a vacation.

"Sure then, I think I'll just text you the location since I have to fix something here in the hotel I'm staying," he smiled.

"Oh? Did something happen?" I curiously asked. "May I help you with it?"

"Nope. It's nothing big." He laughed. Bigla niyang nilapit ang mukha niya sa camera at tinitigan ako nang nainingkit ang mga mata. Napakunot ang noo niya.

"What's with you?", he blurted out.

"What? What do you mean?" tawa ko at sumipsip muli sa coffee.

"You kind of look like...bothered. Is everything okay?"

"What bothered are you talking about? I'm perfectly fine! HAHA," I said saka nag-iwas ng tingin. I really need to shrug off Kiel in my system because I am becoming very weird to the point na may iba ng nakakahalata.

"Weh, Hindi ako nananiniwala," Miguel said in a very slang, flat and funny accent. Bigla akong natawa ng malakas. He's a pure Australian and the way he speaks tagalog is really funny. Parang lumalamon lang ng siopao.

"Hey don't laugh! I am practicing you know!" sabi niya saka ako inirapan.

"I'm sorry, pfft. It doesn't really suit you. Just go with your English." I covered my mouth to stop myself from laughing. "And why do you need to practice tagalog anyway? It's not like you're staying here for good. You will just be here for two weeks!"

"It's none of your business," sabi niya saka ako inirapan ulit.

"Oh, is it for me? You haven't moved on yet?" I sneakily asked him with my eyebrows going up and down, teasing him. Years ago, umamin 'tong isang 'to sa akin na crush niya daw ako e. Umamin lang but he never really courted me. His feelings for me were not that strong and I guess I would still turn him down if it were. We're good friends now.

"Don't be too full of yourself, dumbass."

"Hmm, if it's not for me then who's the lucky girl? She's obviously from Philippines since you made an effort to book a flight here and learn a language, something that you don't usually do" I tilted my head a little to the side, pretended to think while still staring at him teasingly.

"That is not the reason, I came here to relax!" he defended.

"Oh, yeah?" I laughed. "It's very amusing to see you make an effort. It's usually the other way around in Australia. Why is that?"

"I thought you still need to go somewhere? Why are you still blabbering nonsense?" he said changing the topic.

"Is she that challenging?" I continued to tease him while still smiling sheepishly.

"I told you, that is not the reason—"

"Okay! 8 pm then," I said at saka pinatay na ang video call. Sus, akala naman niya hindi ko mahahalata. Kunyari lang na gusto niya mag-relax dito. Relax, his ass!

I changed my clothes into high-waisted white jeans and a brown knitted top. I just wore simple white shoes since sa farm lang naman ni Anna ang punta ko saka ko kinuha ang white sling bag ko. I also tied my hair into a ponytail. Her farm is not that really far but it is situated in the countryside that is why it would be quite a drive din.