Chapter 13

Thank you for reading! Mature audiences only!

Chapter 13

I blinked as I felt Silon shift in the bed. Have I even been blinking? I nearly cringed at that thought. I didn't sleep a wink as not only the presence of Silon left me uneasy, but thoughts of the village and my family ate at my mind. Not only that but the blinding darkness of the window-less room that was Silon's helped to fuel the PTSD I was instilled from being caged all those years. Being alone in the dark 24/7 was like a bottomless feeling of loneliness if that's even possible to imagine. It's as if you're the only person in the world because the only world is what you create in your head. Honestly, after everything I've learned about people and how they can be, I prefer that lonely world much more than this one.

"Get up." The low, ever alluring voice of Silon's stated. For some reason, I didn't even feel like fighting him or even arguing. It must be because I haven't slept. "Put these on." He laid down a pair of plain clothes. I didn't hesitate to strip my clothes and change into the new ones. After a few years of regular shifting I got used to being naked around people and, at the moment, I'm not feeling much attraction towards Silon so that didn't hinder the action either. I looked up at Silon, waiting for the next order to which I found narrowing eyes. He squinted slightly before heading to the door. "We're going to the dining room." It seemed like he had something else to say. "Prepare yourself." He said to which I caught a small smirk on his face. I sighed internally knowing he must have something in store for me.

Along the way I observed many, many rooms and a lot of odd decorations like old paintings and antiques. It was a beautiful building. We came to a large stairwell where, at the bottom, several people were scattered dressed in suit-like attire.

"King Silon." One of the persons bowed there head to which others followed. So he was respected.

"Where's Titus?" He asked the one.

"Mr. Titus is in the dining hall." The one replied obediently.

Silon continued walking to which I followed. I couldn't help but notice the sharp stares I was receiving but I ignored them.

"Silon!" A deep voice boomed before we even came upon what I'm guessing is the dining room.

"Titus!" Silon replied. My heart jumped slightly as my eyes settled on the big, bright smile that set on Silon's face. We stopped at a large table where many people were sat. "I was starting to think one of those little wolves got the best of you." Silon joked. My curiosity began circling at those words.

"Yeah, right!" A tall man with blonde hair and blue eyes replied with a laugh.

"Did you find them?" Silon asked. I stared at one of the walls, not knowing what to do.

"You know I did. With Sarah's help it was easy as pie." Titus grinned proudly. The mention of the familiar name had me on alert. I immediately remembered how she read my memories.

"Find who?" I didn't hesitate to intercept, not caring as many heads snapped in my direction. Silon turned to me with a terrifying glare that was soon replaced with a sadistic smirk.

"Come find out." He mocked. "After you." He motioned at Titus. My heart rate began to quicken as I quickly followed the duo. They eventually stopped at a room that Titus had to unlock.

It was completely dark, especially after the door was closed. My eyes widened and my heart dropped as a light was switched on. Deep into the room, Abey's chocolate brown eyes reflected mine. She was chained and gagged so she couldn't scream.