Chapter 1: Prologue (Introduction Arc)

Asrale City, Forty Years Ago, September 4th

"Why do you bother fighting when you know you are foreordained to lose?" A man stood proudly, looking down at the exhausted and drained man who was on all fours.

The area in which they stood was destroyed, and all the buildings that used to be there were now nothing but mere rocks. The man known as Sai kept looking down at his worthless brother, impatiently waiting for his meaningless answer.

It was quiet, the loud wind howling in their ears was all the noise they heard at that moment. The man who was lying down, covered his own pool of blood, looked up to meet his brother's intense stare. "I just-" He looked away and spat out some blood.

This time, he kept his eyes on the ground. His words were strained due to the pain. "I just really wanted to end our God-forsaken curse..." His body soon gave up, unable to withstand the wounds he received.

His last words didn't surprise Sai in any way or form. He knew what his younger brother, Rai, would say. He just wanted to hear it for himself. "It's the only reason why we fought against each other. Lady Luck just decided that it had to be two brothers." Sai was upset about his brother's death, but he accepted the fact long ago, that the fate of being reincarnated couldn't be beaten.

He picked up his younger brother's body and placed him gently on his left shoulder. The walk was a very long one. Sai kept walking for miles until he had arrived at the destination. It was a normal-sized house, the front yard garden was filled with various displays of flowers and pots. Overall, it was quite nice to look at.

Sai had entered through the wooden gate that was attached to multiple fences. After entering, he closed it behind him. He made his way up the short stairs and placed Rai down in a patch that was in the front yard. He took one long look at Rai's face before the nearby dirt completely covered the patch - Rai was officially buried.

Sai flew up in the air, facing toward the house. He raised his right arm so that it was pointing at the house. His hand followed, standing completely straight. "Such a shame. It was a good house for a family like us." Some sort of red energy formed around his raised arm, eventually making its way to his hand.

"God Level Magic: Shinjuku!"

The energy made its way to the house in a flash, the energy went around the house, surrounding it as it kept getting closer and closer to the walls. Once the red lines touched the walls, the house went up in flames before eventually, it exploded. A few parts managed to reach Sai despite how high up he was - Sai didn't even bother to use his barrier - some bricks wouldn't hurt him anyway.

"I wonder who will be the next reincarnation of Rai. Whoever it is, I will do everything in my power to make him like you..."

Forty Years Later, Alrich Household, May 3rd

A young boy was lying down outside, taking in the full pleasure of the heat. He seemed preoccupied with his thoughts. His yellow hair looked shiny due to the sun, the tips were spiked down which covered up most of his forehead. He had been out here for a while so his white skin grew slightly tanned.

The sounds of running and shouting made him open his eyes to see what was happening. He lifted his upper body slightly to see some ginger-haired girl run away from three grown adults.

The ginger-haired girl made eye contact with the confused yellow-hair boy. She didn't seem like she did anything erroneous and her eyes didn't give any hint that she was in danger.

They eventually ran past the house, but when the yellow-haired boy snapped out of the state he was in, he decided to chase after them. Even if the girl didn't seem like she was in trouble, he didn't want to risk anything especially if someone would be hurt.