Chapter 4: Aegis vs Kurasa (Introduction Arc)

Mahou Academy, Staff Base

Cyrus was speechless. He was just staring at Zale with blank eyes, unable to process anything that he was just told.

He finally came to his senses. "So wait! Some guy from the Magic Council forcefully entered your home, demolished your room then proceed to give you a letter of acceptance to Mahou?"

Zale nodded. He seemed proud that he was able to tell a story successfully, which made Cyrus wonder what this kid had to go through if he was satisfied with telling a story to people.

Cyrus began to speak. "So straight after, you began to do the Mahou Entrance Exam and ended up getting perfect scores in each section, correct?" He wanted to know more about this because it doesn't seem right. He doesn't look like a kid with enough power to pass every test with perfect scores. Then again, appearances can be deceiving.

"Yes, that is correct," Zale replied, and every time he did, his impression seemed to be more innocent by the second.

"So you didn't meet anyone or anything outside of the Mahou Entrance Exam?" He questioned further.

"Well, I saw people walking down the street. Does that count?" Zale replied.

Cyrus gave up. "Alright, enough questions." He stood up and tuck the chair under the desk. "Follow me." He wasn't in a good mood and Zale wasn't sure if it was because of the conversation or something else.

"Where are we going now?" Zale asked, his legs still tired from walking, but he got up anyway.

"We are meeting the rest of your class, properly. A test will also be held, do well in that and you'll be able to stay at Mahou Academy. Your Class, 241, should already be down there waiting so let's go."

"Yes Sir!" Zale followed behind Cyrus.

Mahou Academy, Practice Area

Once they had arrived, everyone looked over at them. Zale found it awkward so he tried his best to ignore this newfound attention and get in line. Cyrus walked up so he was facing the horizontal line of students.

Zale looked around at his surroundings. It wasn't anything special. A large, empty, and enclosed space with windows scattered around near the upper levels of the walls - all in equal positions - the walls also seemed unnaturally long that it was hard to make out the ceiling. The only thing that stood out to him was the flooring made of concrete. "That doesn't seem nice to land on."

Cyrus began his speech, making Zale pay attention to him. "Alright. Thank you for your patience. My name is Cyrus Silva. I'm unfortunately twenty-seven years of age and as you can tell... I'm not proud of it. I am a teacher at this school, might I even say... The strongest teacher in this school. Chain Magic is my attribute. With this, I can create chains out of my body. Can be scary to some at first but you'll take what you can in a battle."

"You will now each stand up and list; Your name, your Magic, your Noroi, your age, your home address, your bank account details, and the names of everyone in your family." He points at someone in the line as they walk up confused.

He took a stand near Cyrus. He seemed like an average guy. Decent looks, decent posture, and a nice smile. Classic short black hair that was cut relatively uneven in most places. Generic in this world - almost too generic. "My name is Iki Tenjin. My attribute is Present-Time Magic. It allows me to stop time within a radius of five meters. To everyone else either in or out of my space will never see my Magic happening - only the consequences." He seemed to stop and didn't continue, not wanting to mention his Noroi.

"Was that last part meant to be scary or was it just me?" Zale thought to himself. "He has a calming voice, and one that's easy to listen to. Kinda a basic guy though."