Chapter 9: Christmas Day (New Beginning Arc)

Yaegresea Kingdom, Nitgow City, Morning...

Noctis and Halline had arrived at their destination. The Yaegresea Kingdom - borders Asrale and Krocan Kingdom. The entire place was completely different from Asrale. Most notably, people were driving cars which was unusual for people born in Asrale - they still had roads, but it would be very rare to see a car driving past.

The Yaegresa Kingdom is known for its state-of-the-art technology between the five kingdoms. Looking around the city, you could see adverts playing on screens that were attached to buildings.

Noctis had placed his hand on the motorcycle, revealing the same mysterious black mark on his motorcycle. Soon enough, the motorcycle vanished.

"This is only the outskirts of Yaegresea, right?" Halline questioned, loving the new scenery as her eyes darted to each building and person walking.

"You already look suspicious. We came here for information about the history of this world. We better move before they catch onto us." Noctis began walking, making Halline follow behind.

Halline was still looking at everyone she possibly could. "History of the planet Noroi itself. Are we even prepared for something like this?"

Noctis looked her way, folding his arms. "What do you mean?"

Hallie finally stopped and looked at Noctis with a certain glare in her eyes, which surprised Noctis, but he was glad she was taking this seriously and not behaving like she normally does. "What I mean is what happens after we comprehend that history? Once we report back to the Magic Council, they'll just use the information for their unethical schemes."

"You have a point, but that's our job. If you hate it so much, why don't you just beat them all up and rule over everything?" Noctis didn't mean that as a question and was pushing his luck in asking.

Halline lowered her head in disappointment. "No point. I would lose against Jotei 13 if they all combined their strengths."

This completely blew his mind. The strongest in Asrale would lose to the only Level 4s if all of them teamed up. The Jotei 13 is a term referring to everyone who is a Magic Captain for the Magic Council. Each Captain has a unique group and lieutenant that serves them individually. "So what about the Level 5 Rank 4s?"

"Oh them? I would lose against... two of them?" She questioned her own assumptions. They both knew that was a bad thing but nobody brought it up.

They both walked in silence all the way until they reached their destination - Yaegresea Castle. It was up in the mountains so the journey to the castle was long and exhausting for both. The snow didn't make it more helpful either.

Yaegresea Castle

Both were fatigued from the abominable walk they took. Standing, and looking up, they saw the formidable castle.

Fifteen massive, round towers form a protective barrier all around the castle and are connected by enormous, thick walls made of golden stone.

Rough windows are scattered thinly around the walls in fairly symmetrical patterns, along with asymmetric crenelations for archers and artillery.

A moderate gate with large wooden doors and large crenelations offers a safe home to all those in need in these cold mountains and it's the only easy way in, any other side would be futile.

Small buildings, houses and other structures populate the grounds outside the castle walls, homes for the poorest of the poor. This castle has clearly stood the test of time, the rocks of the walls are aged and vines and plants grow inside the cracks, but this castle will last for ages to come.