Chapter 7: Class War (New Beginning Arc)

Calamity Forest (Janus Pov)

I was quickly looking around the place to see what would be a good location to hide the scroll. The options were limited; underneath the dirt or high up in the trees. I was thinking about my plan of action. Maybe the highest tree would be a good place to hide it, up there, I could easily use the shorter trees to my advantage along with Juniper's Gravity Magic which could stop people in place while I attack.

Overall, I decided to do neither and think outside the box. I halted to a quick stop and punched one of the thicker trees, leaving a huge hole. I decided to aim my punch near the ground, so the dirt could cover it. I placed the scroll inside and used the nearby dirt to cover it, making it seem like dirt was merely on the tree.

My next plan of action. Instead of sitting around this tree, I thought it would be better to stand next to some other tree, making people believe I was standing near the scroll to protect it. In reality, I'm keeping an eye on my scroll from a far away distance.

I closed my eyes and tried to listen in for any footsteps nearby, but I couldn't hear anything. I stood waiting with my foot pressed against a tree.

A sudden bell sound rang through my ears, suggesting that my team could begin searching. That was the only problem I had, what will my team do? Will they try to find the Heaven Scroll or find their Scroll first? It wasn't much of a problem though, I didn't care if they went out searching for the other scroll. The only thing I care about is being victorious.

With Zale Alrich

The bell had rung, so everyone made their way into the forest. I stayed quietly behind Vallin and Juniper. Morp had left us to try and find the scroll - Vallin tried to talk him out of it by talking about how we will be here for a week, so finding the scroll on the first day is a really bad idea. A very stupid idea. Even though, I also thought it was a good idea.

I'm going to be so useless in this exam. Why else am I walking behind Juni and Val? Everyone in this class far outdoes anything my Light Magic can do. Wait! I look up at the sky, trying to see if there were any light...Uh...Bllubbs. It was only the sky. I was unhappy.

Vallin is really smart though. I'm jealous of how he was able to come up with a plan so easily. We're on our way to find Janus, learn where our...what did he call it again? Oh, a scroll is, and make camp nearby since by the time we find her, it will be approaching bedtime.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't bored. I didn't want to get into a fight with anyone, so I guess this is the best thing that can happen without people getting angry at me.

Would my mother be proud of me? No, she wouldn't, would she? All I'm doing is listening to what Vallin and Juniper say, my mother would disagree saying something along the lines of 'You have to speak up for yourself' or something else along those lines.

"Hide!" Vallin mentioned, taking me by surprise. We all quickly hid behind some trees - I was unsure of what we were hiding from, so my curiosity got the best of me and peeked around the edge to see another team. Team 1, I think?

We stood still for a moment, letting people from Team 1 walk past. I only moved when Vallin moved. "That was close, huh?" I said, trying to get the group to be more social.

"Not really." Vallin shut me down in an instant. "Team 1 wouldn't have caused us any trouble since we don't have each other's scroll. I only told everyone to hide because I was being wary of their plan."

My good mood changed to a bad one as quickly as Janus could move. We all began walking again, but Juniper approached me with her warm smile. "You alright?" We began to slow down slightly so Vallin couldn't hear us. "I saw the way you looked when Vallin began speaking."