Chapter 11: Stalling For Time (New Beginning Arc)

Somewhere in Asrale City

Janus was running through the streets and alleyways of Asrale in search of the man who had some business with Mahou Academy.

She found him. It was Kiryu. She stopped at just the sight of him. Frozen in fear. The First Ranked Level Six. The Strongest Between the Four Level Six. The Man with Powers of God. She had heard all the nicknames given to this man.

Kiryu had noticed her fear. "Huh? You can sense my Zen?" He walked around Janus. "You're also a Mahou Academy Student by your aura. Know a girl by the name of Juniper? I...need to kill her."

Janus snapped from her fearful state and swung her fist towards Kiryu. It was blocked by some barrier that flung her as she landed harshly against the ground. She got back up. "You won't do a thing to her!"

Kiryu smiled as his eyes turned red. "Cekeekekekekeke! So you do know her! That's great, think you can point me in the direction of where she currently is?"

"Like hell!" Janus had prepared some lightning as she swung her hand to the ground. "Lightning Magic: 2.4 million volts!"

Kiryu looked up to see a considerable amount of lightning fall before him. Even so, the lightning hit the barrier and was redirected towards Janus, striking her straight on her as she collapsed to the ground.

Kiryu sighed. "Boring much." He said, walking away from Janus and heading towards the school.

He could still see lightning across his barrier. He turned back around to see Janus using her Magic on the ground to make it flow over to Kiryu. "You don't get it, do you?" He made his way over to Janus and grabbed her by the hair, lifting her face from the floor. "I'm stronger than you." He let go.

"Stronger...than...me..." Janus slowly stood back up, ignoring the sheer pain her muscles were in. "True." She wobbled. "If I can at least stall for time...someone else will arrive to stop you."

Kiryu turned around, silently laughing at how she can stand up. Wondering if she is suicidal. "That's the problem. Nobody is stronger than me." Kiryu looked to be floating above the ground and heading towards Janus. He choked her as he placed both hands on her neck and slammed her to the ground, quickly letting go.

Janus choked for air as she tilted her body sideways. "Oh....really? Then....."

Kiryu was annoyed. He wanted to finish this pathetic girl off as soon as possible, but Crowley gave him strict permission to not kill anyone apart from Juniper.

Janus began laughing uncontrollably as she started to stand back up. "Well then. If nobody is stronger than you... I guess I just have to be!" Janus clasped her hands together. "Screw thinking! Screw being reasonable! Screw....everything!"

The sky started to turn black as the dark clouds began to appear. Soon after, lightning began to strike down at random different points. Kiryu was amazed, this student is changing the entire weather.

"I will defeat you. For the sake of my friends!" Lightning struck Janus as her body looked like it was being consumed by it. "Territory Arise: Immortal Garden!"

The area around them began to shift, completely bringing both of them into Janus's separate space. The space was quite small, yet she knew that and knew it was a horrible attempt, but it will do.

The floor was filled with beautiful grass but when you look up, the space was dark and ominous. Kiryu looked to see numerous clones of Janus, all approaching him. "You think this is all it will take to defeat-" A spear pierced through his chest. "You-" The spear disappeared only for him to receive two spears made up of lightning through both of his legs. He collapsed to the floor as the spears disappeared again. "These spears are coming from the sky?!" Kiryu declared.