Chapter 6: Magic Council (End of Introduction Arc)

Calamity Forest Entrance

Team 4 were currently standing outside one of the multiple entrances to the forest. Cyrus seemed to be doing something on his phone, so Vallin took this chance to speak with his teammates. "Let's not waste any time. The first thing we need to do is to know each other. We can't exactly work as a team for the rest of our lives without knowing any information about each other."

Nobody seemed to speak up. Vallin quickly sighed, making it his job. "Alright, fine. Guess I'm going first. My name is Vallin Ortia, my attribute is Cancel Magic. I can restrict any Magic from being used. If you want to know more, I'm nineteen, and my Noroi is a Lizardman."

"Lizardman?" Juniper responded. Everyone seemed confused about Vallin's Noroi, it was a very unique creature for someone to possess.

"Yeah. I don't need to explain anything else because it will be shown in this first exam." Vallin said, making it seem like he has just orchestrated the whole exam.

After his speech, Janus was the one who went next. "I'm Janus. I don't come from any clan if you couldn't tell. I have control over Lightning Magic. It has many aspects to it which you'll see in this exam." Her last part mocks Vallin's introduction, but her expression remains still. "I'm twenty years of age, with my Noroi being this cute thing."

A small creature appeared on her shoulder. It has a reddish-orange peak, with dark blue skin and a large white patch on its neck and stomach. "He's a Gryphon, but I named him Winston," Janus added. "Don't ask why, the name sounds nice."

The Gryphon disappeared right after she said that. She looked around the group and saw the reaction on Zale's face. "THAT'S SO COOL! HOW DID YOU DO THAT?"

Janus was slightly taken aback by his response. " Uh. Well, it takes practice. What you saw was a physical manifestation, not a spiritual manifestation."

Zale turned to look at Vallin. "Is she talking about the same Zen thing?" He seemed genuinely baffled which made everyone wonder how he doesn't know anything about the thing keeping them alive.

Vallin nodded his head. "A spiritual manifestation of a Noroi comes out with the appearance of the user's unique Zen colour. A physical manifestation is when the Noroi comes out with its original design."

Zale looked really interested, his eyes had even seemed to glimmer, along with having a huge cheerful smile on his face. "I have no idea what manafesteton is, but it sounds cool!"

"Manifestation?" The others thought to themselves.

Juniper spoke up, making everyone's attention go on her. "Heya! I'm Juniper Taye! Gravity Magic over here! Let's win this!" She raised her arm into the sky with a smile on her face. "Oh." She lowered her arm back down. "I'm seventeen. My Noroi will also be shown in this first exam."

Everyone just stood still, unsure if they should laugh or leave her in her overjoyed state. Vallin made an odd expression after Juniper had finished speaking, nobody else picked up on it though.

The group all looked at the last person who had stayed quiet the entire time they were speaking. The mysterious man was about to speak before suddenly, Janus appeared behind him with her hand coated in electricity, slightly leaning her hand against the man's neck.

It took everyone by surprise, they had no idea how fast Janus was - only noticing her when she appeared behind the mysterious man.

"What the hell was that for?" Janus said, seemingly annoyed by something the man had just done.

"I have a hard time controlling my Zen. That's all." The way the man spoke made it seem like he didn't want to talk with anyone. He didn't even seem uncomfortable about Janus's reaction - almost like he didn't care.