Chapter 8: Christmas Eve (New Beginning Arc)

???

Zale slowly opened his eyes to see an unfamiliar location. It was almost set in Asrale City, but every building was replaced by skyscrapers. He opened and closed his eyes multiple times, trying to convince himself that everything he was seeing exists.

He didn't see any person walking down the street, not even through the windows that the skyscrapers had. His right foot only lifted from the ground before an unknown white figure kicked Zale, sending him through eight skyscrapers. He was abruptly stopped by the white figure by touching Zale's back. A mysterious unknown red energy burst from his hands, making Zale's upper clothing rip in some places. The force pushed him forward, eventually, ending up where he started.

The figure began walking around Zale like nothing had happened, only watching him struggle to get up back up on his feet. "What's wrong? Don't tell me that you were hurt by Hadō. Embarrassing!" The white figure's voice was so annoying to listen to. It rang in Zale's ears for a long time.

With every step the figure took, it looked like he was getting faster and faster. "Stand up, Alrich! How will you ever expect to beat Sai if you are struggling to survive an attack from Hadō?!"

Zale was seriously struggling to stand up. He didn't know why though. The only conclusion was this 'Hadō thing he keeps going on about. "What do you even want?"

"AGH!" The figure grabbed Zale's shirt and threw him through one of the skyscrapers' windows. The thick glass pierced Zale's body as he landed on the ground - pushing the shards of glass further into his body. He screamed. He looked over at the broken window, even with his blurry vision, he could still make out the figure as he entered through the window.

The figure looked exactly like Zale, but the only difference was that his skin was all plain white along with his hair. He is fairly tall and lean-built, slightly more so than Zale. He even has black nails along with a blue tongue. The only thing that precisely matched Zale's colour scheme was the figure's eyes - being the same colour, but everything else was closely related to Zale.

Zale pushed himself past his limits, just so he could sit up and pull the glass shards out from his back. "Listen. I don't want to fight. I would rather hear an explanation. Who are you? What even is Hadō? Why is it necessary to beat Sai?"

White Zale began laughing as loud as he could which mentally hurt Zale. "Hadō is one with a warrior spirit! I know you have that because I have it!" His already high-pitched raspy voice didn't help with his laughter as it sounded like something you would hear after watching a sadistic serial killer commit his seventh murder.

He slowly stopped laughing after seeing Zale's confused face. "Are you playing me as a fool?! I'm Zenitsugan! The qualities of yourself that you have hidden away! The one who yearns to fight! The one with desires! The one who has to deal with your depression!" He laughed at himself after saying that last sentence.

Zale managed to get up and point his finger at Zenitsugan. "Listen me! I don't know what depression is, but I need to see my friends again! So if I need to fight you, I will!"

Zenitsugan quickly rushed at Zale, letting his whole hand press against Zale's skull and pushing him through the wall as they both began to fall. Zenitsugan was laughing whilst Zale was waving his arms about, trying to think of someway to land safely.

They both crashed against the floor.

Alrich Household, Night

Zale woke up again, this time though, he fell out the bed. "Jeez." He said, trying to lift himself from the wooden flooring using his bed as support. "What a wild dream. It seemed so real though..." Zale drifted off.