𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃

Shela and Dean were in the impala heading to a secret location and Shela was going nuts wondering where they were going. Judging by the way they were going, Shela could guess that they were heading to Virginia. The further they drove out of North Carolina the more anxious she got and Dean's metallica music was playing. Shela raised an eyebrow and looked over at her boyfriend.

"You seriously still listen to that noise?" Shela said jokingly.

"Hey, it's not noise," Dean responds as he turns the music up and mouths the words. Shela turned the radio off knowing that Dean only listened to metallica if he was nervous about something. "Hey!"

"Okay Dean, what's going on with you? You only act like this when your nervous," Shela said.

"I'm not nervous," says Dean as a bead of sweat came down from his forehead.

"Says the guy who's sweating like a dog," Shela responds. "Babe if you're hot why don't you just roll down the damn window?" she continued. "Or at least turn on the air conditioner," After a while of riding in the impala they had finally arrived at the location when Shela looked up at her phone and recognized the area as Ferrum College.

"Dean..." Shela said as he parked the car in the visitors parking lot. "What are we doing at Ferrum?"

"I wanted us to have a picnic where we first met," Dean responded as he got out of the car. Shela got out also while Dean walked to the back and pulled out the picnic basket. He held out his hand for Shela to take it. She smiled and politely took it, the couple made their way to the bench in front of Adams lake. Dean sat the basket on the bench and pulled out a red and white checkered blanket and laid it on the ground. Shela smiled and sat down on the blanket while Dean sat the basket down and sat on the blanket. Dean opened the basket and started pulling out some of Shela's favorite foods.

"Um okay, something is up," Shela said as she saw all of her favorite foods on the blanket.

"What do you mean?" Dean said nervously.

"I mean you got all my favorite foods here and we're having a picnic at Ferrum College," Shela says.

"I thought it would be best to make this memorable," Dean responded. "We haven't exactly had a decent date after everything that's happened,"

"That's true," Shela said as she reached for a grape. She pulled it off the vine and stuck the grape in her mouth. "I thought that hunters don't normally have decent dates with their girls,"

"Well," says Dean as he grabbed a grape himself. "Most of the time because of all the hunting you can't exactly stay in one place and go out with someone,"

"You were able to stay with me," Shela said as she took a drink of her water. Dean could feel that it was near the time he had to ask the question but he had been nervous that much was evident.

"Excuse me," says Dean. "I have to make a call, i'll be right back," Dean got up from his spot and pulled out his phone. He stepped away from the picnic and got on the bridge, once he was on the bridge he decided to call his brother. He dialed Sam's number and put the phone to his ear waiting for him to answer.

"Hello?" Sam asked.

"Sammy, i'm freaking out right now," Dean said. "I think i'm going to throw up,"

"Dude just relax," Sam said on the other line.

"What's going on? Is that Dean?" Kristina asked overhearing some of the conversation.

"Sam, I feel like she's onto me, what if she says no?" Dean said, still thinking about that option.

"You won't know unless you ask, I gotta go. I have plans of my own," Sam said, hanging up.

"Wait! Sammy!" But before Dean could say anything else the line had gone dead. Dean turned his phone off and pulled out the ring box from his pocket. "Well guess it's now or never," Dean made his way over to Shela who was looking out at the lake in front of her. Placing the ring back in his pocket he got back to Shela.

"Everything okay?" Shela asked.

"Yeah, everything is fine," Dean responded as he held out his hand, Shela politely took it as Dean helped her up. "So there's something i've been meaning to ask you,"

"Okay?" Shela said with an eyebrow raised. "What is it?"

"Well we've been together for more than a year now," Dean said as his mouth had gone dry. "And it's been a whirlwind of experience for me because I had never met someone as special as you," he continued as Shela began putting the pieces together. "Especially that trip to the Philippines," he kept going as he reached into his pocket and pulled out the ring box. Shela gasped as Dean got down on one knee. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me Shela and I've got to ask, will you marry me?" Dean opened the box to reveal a diamond ring. Happy tears appeared on Shela's face as she knew this moment was coming she just didn't know when.

"Yes! Dean! Yes! I will marry you!" Shela exclaimed as she held out her left hand. Dean placed the engagement ring on her ring finger and got up. Shela was so happy that she gave Dean a hug, Dean had been relieved that Shela had said yes rather than the other word. They pulled away and kissed each other.

"Sammy is Dean going to propose to Shela?" Kristina asked as after overhearing the conversation over the phone she figured that was why Dean had been acting weird.

"I can neither confirm or deny that," Sam responded as he drove Shela's jeep down a very familiar street.

"Oh my gosh he is, he should have asked for my permission," Kristina jokes. She knew that the two of them were happy and when she got back home she would hug her best friend and then lecture Dean about not asking her first.

"He wanted to keep it a secret," Sam replied and the two of them drove for a while until they reached one of the parking lots of Ferrum College. Kristina was surprised that he picked this place but she wasn't complaining, it was where they first met after all.

"My college campus?" she asked as they got out of the car. The feeling in her stomach returned; it wasn't a bad feeling but she knew it was something big.

"Yeah I figured it would be best if I surprised you," Sam answered and after mentally telling himself not to panic multiple times. He put his plan into action. "Walk with me?" He asked holding his hand out to her and she gladly took it. After a long walk of discussing old memories and what future would lay ahead. The couple finally stopped at the gazebo that was hidden behind the trees and close to the campus's chapel.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" Kristina asked, admiring the scene. However Sam was too nervous about his question to answer. The ring box was starting to feel heavy in his pocket. "Are you okay?" She asked, sensing his nerves.

"Fine I am fine," Sam responded. She smiled politely at his response and when she looked away from a brief moment he reached into his pocket.

"So what did you wanna ask me?" Kristina asked as on the trail he had mentioned that he wanted to ask her something.

"Now Kristina, I know it hasn't been long and these past few years haven't been exactly easy for me. But meeting you has probably been the best thing that's happened to me," Sam admitted and she smiled at his words. "So I wanted to ask you," Sam continued and pulled out the ring box. Kristina gasped once she saw the ring, it was rounded cut with a diamond and small turquoise gems. "Will you marry me?" Sam asked and she cried as she gave her answer.

"Yes Sam completely and absolutely yes," she replied with tears of joy running down her face. Sam placed the ring on Kristina's finger and kissed her, the two kissed for a few minutes before pulling away.