7; Nothing But Tension

"Y/n please shut up and let us speak!"

You shut your mouth at Iwaizumi's loud voice. Slightly startled, it was no use trying to talk over him. You wiped your tears and backed up a few steps. The tension in the room was suffocating. The tears and heavy breathing from all of you provided fuel to the weight.

Iwaizumi sighed, not wanting to yell at you. His frustration was getting the best of him. He wanted to tell you everything. Seeing as his boyfriend couldn't. He wanted to tell you about their plans. He wanted to tell you all the things that he's been wanting for years. But, with your rambling and crying he couldn't get it in. It's not that he was mad at you, of course, he wasn't. He knew you were hurt and you had every right to. He was more concerned for you than anything.

He wanted to hold you close and tell you it was okay. He wanted to leave small kisses on your head, lips, fuck anywhere. He wanted to be there for you in a way he wasn't before. He wanted to comfort you. Iwaizumi never wanted to see you like this. Even in high school, he saw you like this a few times after some breakups, being harassed by some of Oikawa's fangirls. He hated seeing you hurt like this.

"Y/n... we said she was nothing. Please just hear us out." Iwaizumi spoke in a soft tone, afraid he would scare you more than he had when he yelled at you. He noticed your steps back, so he became cautious about what he says and how he says it. You hiccuped and sniffled, walking backwards to hit the other twin sized bed that sat in the room. It was usually used for when the girls came over. You curled up on the bed, knees tucked to your chest and stared at Iwaizumi.

He took a breath. "She was actually only there to get a reaction out of you believe it or not. I guess it worked huh? Too well..." Iwaizumi looked down and rubbed the back of his neck, ashamed. It was their fault you were like this right now. Tears running down your face, heavy and panicked breathing. It broke his heart.

"We wanted to get a reaction out of you to see if we had a chance in some way. It may not make sense but seriously." Iwaizumi sat down on the bed again. He watched as your face morphed into confusion, you becoming more hurt by the second.

"We actually... we actually like you... a lot. We have for years to be honest." Your eyes widened. "She's in Oikawa's class and she found out we liked you. And we ended up asking her for advice on how to ask you out. But, we didn't know if you even would have a chance."

You furrowed your brows at Iwaizumi, obviously still confused. "You know because we like you, the both of us, and we didn't want to make you uncomfortable or anything if we had asked you out. So we wanted to see if there was at least a possibility that we could do it."

Iwaizumi continued, trying to ease the tension away from your body by assuring you that the feelings were mutual.

"So she had come up with the idea of seeing if we could make you jealous or get some sort of reaction out of you. We knew it was a little fucked up. But to us, it seemed better than possibly ruining multiple years worth of friendship with you over a silly little crush..." You relaxed a little. Understanding what he meant, seeing as it was also what you had feared when you realized you liked the two boys.

"So yeah. It was all a little plan to try and get you riled up. I noticed that you looked a little hurt when you clocked out of work." You nodded along to what he was saying. "I assumed that you were hurt at what you saw, don't think we didn't notice your little staring sessions. But it seemed like my assumptions were correct. We had hurt you."

You swallowed down another sob as you saw Iwaizumi's eyes water. You had been friends with hun since middle school. And you'd only seen him cry about 4 times. He was one of the most mentally, and physically, strong people that you knew. You hated seeing him cry, even if it wasn't often. He was hurting too.

Oikawa was still sitting quietly, only soft hiccups being heard. He was staring at the wall behind you. He was losing it. You needed to get things figured out soon if you didn't want him to blank out too much.

"Why didn't you guys tell me you were dating at first?" You muttered out and looked at Iwaizumi, hoping for an answer. He took a sharp breath and shook his head. Defeated, he slumped over and shoved his face into his hands. Quiet but aggressive sobs shook his body.

"We.. we don't know. We should have told you. We have no idea why we didn't. We are so sorry Y/n. Seriously. We love you so much." One violent and very harsh sob shook Iwaizumi roughly and finished his response.

You inhaled sharply. You didn't know how to feel at the moment. Oikawa knocked himself out of the tiny headspace he was in at Iwaizumi crying. He sniffled and crawled over to his boyfriend, wrapping his arms around him and giving him a firm hug. He looked over at your curled up figure, tears still clouding his eyes. He opened one of his arms out towards you. After knowing you for years, he knew that from your body language, you wanted a hug.

You were obviously hesitant at first. Feeling as if this should be more of a comforting moment between them. Iwaizumi didn't want you to sit there in your own bubble. He wanted to do what he's been wanting for years. He left Oikawa's arms and moved towards you. Iwaizumi wrapped his arms around you and tugged you close. Oikawa followed, him finalizing the hug by wrapping one arm around his boyfriend's neck and one around your waist.

You tugged them down into a position where you were all lying down on the very small bed. The duo shuffled around so you were all comfortable. Iwaizumi moved down so his hands were wrapped around your waist. His head tucked onto your stomach, eyes closed, a few tears falling here and there. Oikawa had his head tucked in the crook of your neck, his hand kneading through Iwaizumi's hair. His other above your heads. You had your hand gripping onto Oikawa's shirt with a strong grip, the other settling on Iwaizumi's upper back, rubbing soothing circles into it.

You turned your tear stained face towards Oikawa. "I'm sorry I didn't say much Y/n... I..." you kissed his cheek. You didn't want his excuses and his guilt. You just wanted to hold onto your boys before morning came, where there would be an easier conversation, preferably one with no crying.

A group agreement formed between the three of you during this cuddle pile. After being friends for so long it was easy for you all to forgive each other. Even if this wasn't something that was necessarily considered 'easy'. But, to all of you, some things became easier as you sat together. The tension was thin, whether it was from you, or them. It was easier to breathe knowing that all of you seemed to be in agreement of liking each other in a way that would obviously not be considered as friends. The conversation in the morning was bound to be easy. Just the three of you and a plan? Was that a good way to put it?

You sighed and closed your eyes, tugging the two men that were asleep on you closer. Not planning on letting them go, you drifted into your dreams.