Propose day

The loud horn of the bus brought me out of my thoughts declaring the arrival of my ride back home. I was deep in my thoughts. Well, its not like every day I get a beautiful bunch of roses, especially on a rose day. So, sue me if thats what has been running on my mind since then, even at the office. A major part of me still is in denial that the flowers arent for me and just established that they got misplaced by some confused delivery boy and ended up on our Porsche. And small part of me, mostly the hopeless romantic in me shouted to just give a break to myself and there would be no delivery boys running around at that time of the day and thats most certainly isnt some delivery boy.

And the very tiny logical part of me decided to be the momma of the two bratty voices in my head and said enough is enough and just wait until someone claims for it just trace the flowers by the store from which it was brought which was seen at the bottom of the bunch.

Yes, I did a very detail inspection of the bouquet. I mean what if it was a hidden, gorgeously disguised bomb?!

I climbed into the bus and sat at my usual seat. For some unknown reason my place would never be occupied unless those very rare times like holiday season. Perks of living in a small town. Its almost like you know every single member in the in your town, like you have known them your entire life. I didnt bother to put my ear buds and drown in music which I do usually since my mind has already been occupied with a major thought already.

My eyes automatically searched for that person with the warm honey eyes which almost seem like hazel in sun light and the sharpest nose I ever saw in my life. Well, its became a hobby of mine by now.

I never really talked with him and neither did he. Hell i'm pretty sure he doesnt even notice me since he is always busy in his phone or listening to music, just like now. The ear buds fitted snuggly and his focus so hard on the mobile screen almost as if hes reading some important document or really important text from his girlfriend.

I even sometimes catch him smiling, a lazy simple smile, but looks oh so charming, probably chatting with his girlfriend. I might sound like a crazy stalker but the problem with me is I notice things, I notice every damn little thing and thats sometimes doesnt do much good for me. As I can easily recognise the change of air if there is something wrong with someone close to me. Like if I offended someone, mostly without my intention and then there is this sudden change of vibe and I instantly sense it. And sometimes people just change and there aint going to be a definite reason and thats just plain sad cause I cant really do anything in that case.

Realising I have been staring at him too long already I immediately turned to front. Hes seated just two rows behind me. I wonder he ever sense me watching him, but sadly he never does.

But does that bother me? Maybe

Am I going to do something about it? Nope.

Am I okay with it? Yup. Cause its always been like this to me. I get a crush on someone. Yes, you can call this as a crush. I like having crushes. No breakups, no attention seeking, no priority making, no time spending and all that. I mean i'm not saying all that is bad but definitely they take too much of your time, energy and effort and I dont know if i'm ready for that kind of deal yet. Just look at your crush and keep gushing internally. Its been happening since my high school. I get a crush, keep secretly gushing over him till he does something really dumb or bad shit and become instantly unattractive like 0 to -1000 and then I move on. Surprisingly I move on from crushes pretty well. Thats one of the cons, no hard feelings, atleast not from both sides. All this happens in a span of three to four months. And then the cycle repeats.

Girl you have been crushing over him from an year already.

Well thats only because I didnt find about anything about him that made me uncrush him. I'm sure this would just be history even if I get a little glimpse into him. But some part of me doesnt want that glimpse because she doesnt want this to end for some unknown reason and another part of me wants to not just a glimpse but see all of him. He looks like that perfect high school jock with clean history and a softie at heart. Well thats just how my hopeless romantic part of me pictured him.

I felt that I was being watched and looked away from the window and saw a man looking at me rather malicious look. He oozed only of one thing, dangerous I noticed that the bus became almost empty and there are only Mr. Honey eyes and me left in the bus. The man stood at the door as if he had been there just to watch me. I get looks from strangers often but today I can sense there is something wrong with the way hes staring and I am two seconds away from having a panic attack and running out of the bus if isnt been standing near the already and its still a good 6 minutes or so to reach my block and its like half past 7 and the streets are already kind of stranded. I already got cold sweat running through my back and my heart thumping like I just ran a hundred miles. Oh my god

Hey I didnt see you there!

I startled and stared with wide eyes at the sudden voice that sounded so electric and deep as the sea.

And guess what, it belonged to none other than Mr. Honey eyes!

I thought you said you wouldnt go to work today since you said you will be visiting your grandparents few days ago and that day was today since I didnt notice you sitting here. You should have just looked for

And rest all the things coming out of his mouth just vanished into the thin air while I am lost in his warm honey eyes with few yellow and golden specks in it. I am sure I looked like I have just seen a ghost, with my eyes wide open and my lips parted. And then I felt something warm over my hand and saw that he intertwined his fingers with mine.

Oh. My. God. It's him! talking to me!

I think i'm going to have an arrythmia or something.

You know you could have just said something just to make it seem legit.

He said with one of his charming lazy smiles after what seemed like an eternity of my blank staring.

That brought me out of my stupor and I looked at the door and found that the man was long gone and it just struck me that he was trying to protect me, making it seem that I wasnt alone and vulnerable.

I somehow composed myself and tried to get my dried up throat to speak up. I'm really sorry. I'm just.. I was.. oh god. I'm so sorry and thank you. I dont know what would have happened if you-

Hey. Its alright. Dont think too much. He said in a low voice almost a whisper of his deep orgasmic voice and gave a reassuring squeeze to my hand. I noticed we are still holding hands and for some reason it didnt feel awkward at all. It even felt warm and like its a natural thing. And thats kind of.. new? Because I have been a very private person and it would take a lot of time to warm up to any new friends even my close friends.

He noticed me staring at our hands and let go of my hand and I almost frowned.

I'm sorry your hand was shaking and I thought- he blushed a little and gave a shy smile which made him look almost 5 years younger.

My hand was shaking?

Oh thats okay. Not gonna lie I was kind of having a hard time thinking straight. That was scary. I gave a nervous laugh.

Dont think about that. I have been observing and I thought it would be best if I came over. Or else I had a feeling that he was going to approach you. He smiled and held my fingers in his hand. I'm just glad I got to talk to you. And the hopeless romantic side of me completed the entire act of taking the back of my hand to his lips and kissing in her imagination.

Wait! What did he just say?!