Hug day

I was speechless. Stunned. Even though I kinda saw this coming that doesnt cover for what i'm feeling right now.

I'm a mess, having mixed emotions.

Nope. Not happening. Now you dont wanna hurt your lover boy do you?

I remembered that I forgot to breathe and took a deep breathe closing my eyes and then saw Aron still looking at me expectantly.

Aron I was really trying to say this. I want us to be friends! Please dont be mad at me. You are cute and a really nice person.

You think I am cute?

I decided to ignore that, I'm really really sorry, Aron. I cant.

Are you seeing someone? Is that it? he asked with an unreadable expression. I cant figure out what is going on in his mind and that is kind of scary.

No no, I mean its complicated. I cant say-

So, there is someone. He said with a small hint of smile and then it was gone. Maybe I just imagined it or I read it wrong, but he is oddly cool for a person who just got rejected. I decided to assume he is just mature enough to handle one and thats good. Actually great.

Umm, yeah. Kind of, you can say so.

So.. you got this teddy from him? he asked tilting his head towards the teddy that laid leisurely across the pillow.

I was taken aback. How did he know that?! He guessed so right. I got tensed for a second. No.. no, its not. He is someone from my work place. I mean, we dont actually work together but we work in the same tech hub. As soon as I said that his expression dropped and became an almost dark one. I can sense that he didnt like what I just said.

Maybe the whole rejection thing just got to him now. Oh well.

Oh. Okay. I got it.

I gave him a smile which he didnt reciprocate and continued the dark one, which made me frown a little.

Dont worry. We are good.

Well that is reassuring. But it would have felt more genuine if he didnt have that dark expression looming over his face. But atleast he said we are good. I can live with that.

Okay, I have some stuff to do. I'm going to take off.

Oh, Okay I will walk you. Just tell mom you are leaving.

Mom didnt approve of his leaving yet but with a little convincing and did when he promised to come over for dinner some time. So I just walked with him till the foyer. I dont know why I feel like the aura changed around us and I dont like it. I thought we would be good friends but it feels like we are over. Hell, it even feels like a sad break up even though we are not even together.

Thank you for today, I really enjoyed today. Your folks are the best, especially your mom. I feel like i'm her favourite cousin who just visited after a long gap. He said with laugh.

Yeah she is like that with all of my friends. Sometimes I feel they all are bearing me just to be pampered by my mom. I said with a smile.

We both laughed and then he was staring at me one second and then hugged me. I was caught off guard. I stood rigid not knowing what to do but then decided there would nothing wrong with a friendly hug.

But boy am I wrong.

As soon as I wrapped my hands around him he tightened the hug and I was literally plastered to him.

Wait but why does it feel so good?

I shifted my hands from around his shoulders to his neck. As soon as he did that he turned and rested his face in the crook of my neck and breathed. That sent a shiver through my entire body.

Oh shit!

He smelled so good and we fitted so perfectly. And the thing that it felt right and not weird is scary. Very scary.

Is this still a friendly hug?

As if he just listened to my inner voice he loosened a bit. And I let go him when I felt its enough.

So see you on Monday?

Yeah. See you.

With that he left and I dont even wanna think about what just happened. So I just went to my room and cuddled with my teddy thinking about absolutely anything other than that hug and the rest of the day passed me looking like someone threw my puppy out of the window.

And at night I finally made myself to control my thoughts by doing some meditation and yoga and felt a little relieved. But then I realized he didnt come out for hug day. He didnt meet me.