Chocolate day

Everything seemed to have stopped, including the bus and that I meant it actually stopped indicating that my stop has arrived. That has put me in a debate to get down and go home with my confused state of my mind and take all the things that have happened today in by taking my own sweet time and maybe, overthink, a little, maybe a lot actually or stay and demand answers for all the things running in my mind.

So being the insecure piece of shit that I am I took it as an indication to run away from this situation that seem to be affecting in awfully dangerous way.

Okay, umm, so this will be my stop. Again you really helped me and I owe you.

Oh dont. Its really nothing. Dont make a big fuss about it. But I really could use some hot chocolate or something tomorrow after work?

Sure! I mean that would be great.

I saw him getting up and assumed he will be getting off too. So I just got off the bus with him trailing behind me. I had to really bite my tongue back to prevent myself from saying he usually doesnt get off here, so why is he now. But I just assumed that he was being a gentleman and just want to make sure I got home safe after all the things that have happened today. So I decided to keep quiet instead of saying it and ruining all of it.

Can I walk you home? I mean only if you want to. I can-

Yeah sure. I would like to have some company. I cut him off and smiled. I mean only if you have time to or you can go home if you have to, like your girlfriend will be waiting for you or something. Really i'm okay and I can manage. I added immediately and shrugged like it wouldnt be a big deal while I got my fingers crossed in the back of my mind to make him correct me I got it all wrong and he doesnt have any girlfriend or any significant other back home waiting for him.

No, no. Im good. I have all the time.

He assured me but didnt tell the thing that I was anticipated.

Dammit!

The rest of the walk was rather silent and mostly nerve wrecking on my part. There is this palpable tension in the air and I almost felt as if he can feel that too since he didnt take any initiation to make a conversation.

We reached home and the hopeless romantic part of me almost cheered for a romantic hug and a sensual kiss. But much to her dismay all we got was a short and sweet bye after making sure that we are going to meet up tomorrow for some hot chocolate at 6 in the evening after work. Thats enough for all the butterflies having a happy dance party in my stomach.

Next day I was waiting nervously at the bus stop for him and mentally cursed myself for not getting his number but I then remembered I am not used to being the first to get random guys numbers usually its the other way around.

Hes not a random guy. Shut up.

He should have asked for my number.

Maybe its a mistake waiting for him cause he wont show up. What if he forgot me? Maybe he is one of those guys who rescue girls who are in trouble and just forget them later because it is a usual thing for them on a daily basis. Oh god, I should have got on the bus which has passed away like 10minutes back instead of waiting here like a sole loser.

Sorry for keeping you waiting. I just got caught up with something at work that I couldnt get off the hook. He said sounded a little breathless as it seemed like he had rushed to reach here and just like that all the thoughts in my head vanished and all I could see and think is his eyes sparkling like two pools of golden brown with green highlights in the lights of the setting sun and the streets.

No worries. I was just wondering maybe you forgot or something. I said with a nervous laugh.

What?! No. how can I forget you? he said like what I said didnt make any sense and just laughed.

I just gave an awkward smile and shrugged for which he just shook his head.

So shall we? he said and offered his hand which I took gladly, because that felt perfectly right to do and not awkward at all. For people who dont know we might seem like a usual couple walking down the street just holding their hands but little did they know that we are not and let alone we actually know each other only since less than 24 hours. Well on his part, I have known him from ever since, but not saying that aloud.

We reached a café by the corner of the main street and ordered a salted vanilla hot chocolate for both of us. And we got it almost within minutes of settling in. They are decorated adorably with two heart shaped marshmellows. I remembered that its still valentines week and they probably thought we are couple. That made my cheeks feel a little hot.

So

So.. I hope your girlfriend didnt get mad at you for reaching home late yesterday night.

He looked up from his hot chocolate almost as if I have just said that trump won the elections.

He just smiled like he was having some sort of private joke and said, I assure you that there was no such thing that has happened yesterday because I dont have any girlfriend and actually I live alone.

Oh, good. I mean okay. Umm, I just assumed because I usually see you on ph- I stopped abruptly realising I have said more that I intended to.

Great! Now he knows that I have been his stalker all these days.

I just look at memes on instagram. He said but I can sense a slight hint of knowing smile dancing at the corner of his lips.

So I just gave a half nod and almost lowered my head to take another spoon of my hot chocolate thinking that it would be better if my mouth was busy. As by that way I can prevent myself from speaking too much and embarrassing me further.

He reached across the tiny cozy table that we are sat and reached the corner of my lips with his thumb. I didnt move at all. I was stunned. Usually I would have flinched away when someone even tries to touch, it is a natural instinct for me. But for some odd reason I didnt and just stared at him almost frozen. I just sat there watching as he ran his thumb over the corner of my lips and took his thumb which is now stained by some chocolate in between his lips and ran his tongue over it and licking it, all the while looking into my eyes.

I think I forgot how to breath.