Promise day

The rest of the day I spent almost every second literally holding my teddy. I feel like 10 all over again when I used to carry my favourite toys everywhere I went. I mean did you see that little bundle of cuteness?! I'm officially obsessed with it.

Rest of the day was insignificant. Well except for the thing that I lied and said that I bought it for myself when my parents asked where did I get that teddy from. Mom awed at it saying it's so adorable. But that didn't stop them from giving me suspicious looks. I feel like they kind of guessed already that I was gifted that by someone but they just choose not to call me out, let it be and I would say when I say. Well sounds good to me so, hey ho.

I went to bed and slept like a baby holding my new cuddle partner.

***

Next day morning I was just wondering whoever he is did quite well till now aside from chocolate day. But why being anonymous? Couldn't he just come out already, like I get it he might be a little bothered in facing me given that he did all of this without meeting or reaching out to me. But it doesn't hurt to try. I hope he realises that soon and stop being an idiot.

That thought brought a small smile to my face.

My idiot.

Whoa where did that come from?

Of course he is my idiot! You think i'm going to let him go that easily after all this?

Today is promise day I really hope it will the day when I can finally see him, hopefully.

Bringing me out of my train of thoughts I heard our door bell ringing. I went out to see who it was and saw that its Aron.

Surprised would be the understated feeling of the year to describe what I felt.

"Hey!" he said rather casually. I almost rolled my eyes but kept myself at check since that would be rude. So instead I just smiled and greeted politely.

"Hey there! What a surprise! So what brought yoy here so early in the morning?" I said and cringed internally at how fake and inhospitable that actually sounded but I couldn't care less because it is fake.

"Well I just wanted to make sure you reached home safely and I couldn't reach you yesterday since we didn't exchange numbers. So... I was just passing by and decided to just say hi."he said with a sheepish smile.

Ugh doesn't he take a hint?! This guy need to chill. I have been making it very obvious that I am not at all interested in him in all possible ways but this guy! Looks like as if he doesn't take no for anything.

Say what now. Didn't you spent months of staring and gushing over him till a few days ago? What happened now?

Shut up. Stop talking like an idiot.

Yeah. That happened.

It was just a crush and I usually loose interest after I get to know them a little. So it is about time I get over him already.

So I just mustered up my fakest but somewhat sincere smile and thanked him for his concern but also informed him that I can actually take care of me and its not every day I get into trouble and I be the damsel in distress being vulnerable and keep waiting for my knight in shining armour, so he needs to stop worrying about me so much.

By the time I almost succeeded in deflating his interest and sending him away my mom entered the scene and asked who it was. So I said exactly who it was. Biggest. Mistake.

Because as soon as I said the words, she got all gaga over him and ushered him inside and I just stood there contemplating what just happened.

Aron looked genuinely happy that he got to meet my mom and more than happily obliged and followed her.

We settled for having breakfast and mom made pancakes with apple and chocolate syrup. And of course Aron joined us. She is making a really fuss of having him over and I kind of didn't like it. Because that seemed a little awkward because he is not that of a close friend to me at, let alone be called an acquaintance. Aron seemed to be not bothered by it at all. I need to have a talk with him.

Later I managed to get him to my room and declared. "We need to talk."

He seemed as if he has been expecting that, "Yeah I want to tell you something too."

I am dreading to hear what he has got to say to me, so I announced i'm going to speak first. He seemed unsure about it but agreed anyway.

"Look I know i'm being rude or something but sorry I have to be honest and I just don't want to give you hopes."

He looked absolutely calm and almost as if he knows what I was about to say. But he didn't say anything so I just continued.

"I don't know what are your intentions but i'm always happy to be your #friend." I said giving emphasis on the word friend.

"Sure! I already feel like we are friends." He gave another of his charming smiles and couldn't help the butterfly park that got wild in my stomach.

"Great! Phew thank god! I almost felt like I was double timing." I said with a laugh which is genuine since I didn't expect him to understand the situation so well. I thought he was thinking of just being friends with me while I just assumed he wants to be more than that and made it all awkward for us. Hahahah

Is that pain and hurt I am sensing?

Not. A. single. Word.

He frowned a little, "Wait, what are you talking? What do you mean double timing?"

"Well, its not like i'm seeing someone but... umm, its kinda complicated." I said with a sheepish smile.

He just looked at me with an unreadable expression. "Now. Its my turn to speak."

"Yeah." I can feel it. Something went wrong. I can sense the 'error!' hanging around in the air.

We were perfectly fine few moments back? What changed now?

"Miranda, I like you. Actually I have been interested in you since a long time. I'm just a little sceptical to talk to you. You are so perfect and gorgeous and where as I am, you know, me. I was scared if I actually deserve you because you deserve to have nothing less than perfect and I wasn't sure if I can be that for you but i'm sure going to spend every second trying if you to just let me."