9

“Duel!”Both Mako and Yugi yell.

“This should be some match.” Téa says and I nod and state, “Mako is a talented duelist and is quite skilled but I’m sure Yugi will win.” 

“I’m curious to see how you will combat my mighty denizens of the deep.” Mako says as he places a card down. However, the creature spawned in the sea and therefore showing a yellow glow from beneath the water. 
“What’s this?” Yugi asks,” His creature is underwater. How do I choose which card to play when I can’t even see what I’m fighting?”  

“This I don’t like.” Joey says and I nod. 

“The ocean conceals many things beneath its shifting surace.” Mako states.
“As long as that thing stays submerged, I can’t attack.” Yugi snarls. 
“I promise he won’t stay submerged for very long.”
Mako smirks while Yugi is thinking about what he could do. 

“Something’s fishy! How can he fight when he can’t see?” Joey asks.
“That’s the downfall of sea/water type creatures. Not only do they get a field power bonus, they are also concealed and therefore cannot be seen.” I explain.
“This is totally bogus!” Tristan yells and then Mako laughs.

“It seems that my ocean-based strategy has taken you by surprise, Yugi.” 
“I call upon the horn imp!” Yugi yells as he places the card down in attack. The imp then appears on the land and growls. 
“Now, fiend kraken, ensnare him!” Mako yells. Tentacles then come out of the ocean and wrap themselves around Yugi’s imp. The imp growls and Yugi yells, “Attack!” 

Téa, Tristan and Joey gasp as we could now Mako’s creature.
“What is that?” Téa asks.
“Whatever it is, it’s bad news for Yugi.” Joey responds and I nod, “Oh man, Yugi’s imp is done for.” 

“Fiend kraken, end this now!” Mako yells and the creature obeys, squeezing the imp and eventually destroying it. “Well done, Kraken.” Yugi’s lifepoints had decreased by 260 points, leaving Yugi with 1740. 

“Wow and that was just the opening move.” Téa states.
“Mako has the advantage here so Yugi has to be really cautious with his moves.” I state 
“Have you ever dueled him before, Rosa?” Joey asks and I shake my head.
“No I haven’t and I don’t know much about him or his duelling style.” 

Mako’s creature submerges into the water and Yugi sighs.
“You’re good, Mako. A brilliant opening play.” He says.
“I am pleased you appreciate it, though I very much doubt your imp did.” Mako responds. 
“Well, now I know what I’m up against.”
“Yes, the mighty ocean commands respect, as do the creatures that inhabit it.” 
“Feral imp!” Yugi yells as he places the card down, causing a green creature with wings to spawn. 
“I am familiar with your feral monster and it’s electric attack,” Mako states as he goes to pick a card and this makes Yugi’s eyes widen, “so for my next card, I play...my giant jellyfish!” As soon as Mako places the card down, a high-pitched shriek comes from under the water. 
“I don’t like the sound of that.” Yugi states.  Mako then laughs, “That is the battle cry of my creature (A/N: I accidentally wrote teacher the first time lmao.).” 
“It will be crying all right, once I combine my feral imp with the magical horn of the unicorn!” 
Yugi’s feral imp then has sparks coming around it as it then snarls and gains a bigger horn. Due to Yugi’s magic card, Feral Imp now had an attack of 2000.” 

“All right.” Joey says quietly which makes Téa and Tristan confused and looks at him.
“What?” Téa asks. 
“Yugi can’t see Mako’s monsters, but he knows they’re all underwater, and water conducts electricity.”
“Oh! So they’re vulnerable to the feral imp’s electrical attack. Whoa, that is so smart!”
“Did you not hear what Mako said? He states that he knew about the feral imp’s electrical attack and placed a specific monster down due to this. Something is clearly going to happen and it won’t be good.” I state while the trio look at me with concern but before they could say anything else, Yugi started his attack.