18

Joey makes his way onto the arena as Keith is stalling by lying on a couch and Joey complains. Croquet asks for the verification cards but Joey couldn't find his while Keith shows his.
'Are you being freaking serious, Joey?'
Keith was commenting on how he wouldn't need to get off the couch since Joey couldn't find the card.
'Keith is really suspicious, I wouldn't be surprised if he stole it.'
"Your match will start at 11:00 sharp." Croquet states as he holds his hand up, showing that Joey had five minutes to find his card.
"I'm gonna go help him look for the card." I sigh as I leave and run to find Joey in his room which is a mess due to him looking.
"Joey, take mine." I say as I hold the card with treasure on out and he turns around.
"Rosa, I- Why are you giving me your card after what I said?" Joey asks.
"Two reasons. One, you're my friend and you said you want to help your sister and I'd do whatever I can to help you. Two, I have the other card so if I do play as a step-in due to someone cheating, I can still enter." I respond as I place the card into his hand, "Now run, you're running out of time."
"Right! Thanks!" Joey yells as he runs off and I head over to the balcony with the others.

By the time I got there, the duel had already started. Keith had a machine monster and had just destroyed Joey's monster. Bakura explains to Téa why it's a good thing that the machine was in attack mode as Joey could summon a monster that he knew had a stronger attack power so the machine would be destroyed.
"That's true Bakura but there's one problem with it which is why I hate Bandit Keith's deck already." I respond as I walk over to them.
"What do you mean by that?" Téa asks but the answer is revealed before I could answer as Joey summons a knight which attacks with magic but it fails to destroy the machine.
"That can't be right, can it?" Tristan asks Yugi but Keith answers for him, "You bet it's right. All of my machine monsters are protected by Magic-resistant armor, so that makes all of your magic attacks worth squat." Keith then laughs.
"So that's why he played a machine card, they're magic- proof, and not just against magical- type monsters, but they can withstand any attacks from any card that involves magic." Yugi states.
"Yeah, and,most likely, his decks full of 'em." I respond, frowning at the situation.
"Man, can we ever catch a break?!" Tristan complains.
"Oh, please. A break? You're insane."

Keith summons another machine that was a spider.
"More machines. Just great." Bakura sighs.
"I believe Rosa was right, his whole deck is probably full of them." Téa adds. Keith's monster then attacks and drestroys Joey's monster, taking him down to 1650 lifepoints.
"They're tough, true. Still no machine is without it's glitch." Bakura states causing Téa to ask me and Yugi what the glitch was.
"I'm not sure. Machine monsters are some of the most powerful monsters in the duelling world. Not only are they impervious to magic attacks, but they have an amazingly strong offense as well. But they can only use that strong offense one way: against head-on attacks. Maybe if Joey uses his cards right, he can use that to his advantage." Yugi responds.
"Basically what Yugi said but I would also think that they are weak to water in some way." I add as we watch Joey take his go.

Joey draws a card and places a card face-down and summons a monster in defense position.
"What's the matter, dweeb, afraid to fight like a man?" Keith sarcastically asks.
'Like he can talk.'
Keith takes his turn and places a card face-down too and says he's going to summon a monster in defense mode but purposely drops it so it's summoned in attack mode. He then tells Joey to forget what he saw and places the monster into defense mode like he planned.
'I seriously want a millennium item or some sort of power to find out what goes through his mind.'
"That didn't look metal." Tristan states, causing my eyes to widen.
"He's trying to get Joey to attack." I mumble but before anyone could warn Joey, he had already attacked the face down monster, falling for the trap. Keith activates his face-down card to reveal that it's magic metal force, turning Keith's Zoa (his monster that was in defense)  into metal, causing Joey's attack to be reflected and destroy his Flamed Swordsman to be destroyed and Joey's lifepoints to be decreased to 1150 points. Keith then starts to laugh at Joey and his monster for falling into his trap.