20

(Rosa is wearing the outfit above)

A/N: This may be a disappointing chapter and very short as I really struggled coming up with an idea for how the duel will happen.

It was the next day and sadly, Mai had left yesterday so she wouldn't be here to see me duel. I slowly drag myself out of bed and get ready before walking to the arena. In the hallway, I see the group and I walk over to them.
"Hey guys." I greet them.
"Hey, Rosa. Good luck with the duel!" Téa responds and the others nod. I then face Yugi, "May the best duelist win."  Then Yugi  nods. 
"Good luck you guys." Tristan says and we both give him a thumbs up before heading to then arena. 

Yugi was once again on the blue side while I was on the red side. Dad was sitting on his chair ith Croquet standing there as the others were on teh other balcony. 
"The final match will now commence between Rosallind Pegasus and Yugi Muto. The winner of this match will be declared the victor of teh Duelist Kingdom tournament and shall have the chance to duel Sir Maximillian Pegasus. Let the duel begin!" 

"You go first, Yugi." I smile and Yugi nods as he draws a card. 
"I place a card face down and put a monster in defence mode, then I end my turn."
"Straight for the defence huh?" I smirk before drawing a card and looking at my hand. In my hand I had Demon Flegdeling, cat with 2 tails , shadow fox, Demonic Home, Mystical Space Typhoon and I had just picked up Sword of Revealing Light.
"I don't know what trick you could pull, Rosa." Yugi retorts.
"Well, lucky for you that i have nothing to attack with so I'll just place one monster in defence mode. Your go, Yugi." Yugi then draws his next card. "Any chance that you have a trick up your sleeve right now, Rosa?"
"You'd wish." I sigh as I hold my arms out. Yugi looks skeptical before summoning his next card, "I summon Winged Guardian of the Fortress. "Winged Guardian,  attack!" Yugi's big, blue dragon shoots a fire ball at my Demon Fledgeling, a little creature made dark mist and brght red eyes, destroying it. 
"My Demon Fledgeling! Man, I told you there was no trick, Yugi. Anyways, my turn now!" I pick up my next card, which happens to be Poison mist.
'Nice! Something to weaken Yugi's monsters if i need to. I guess I'll also add Demonic Home in defence mode too.'
"I summon another monster in defence mode as well as a card face down!"

"Rosa isn't summoning any monsters in attack." Téa comments.
"But that doesn't mean that she hasn't got any tricks to use Téa." Tristan replies.
"Yeah, Yugi has to be careful when attacking."

Yugi draws his next card and summons Beaver Warrior.
"Beaver Warrior, attack!" Beaver Warrior attacks, however the points were even so they neither were destroyed. "Looked like they drew. You wanna do anything else?"
"I place one card face-down and end my turn."
"Got it, my turn!" I draw my next card, which was Demon Nobel. "I summon Demon Nobel in attack mode. Attack the Winged Dragon, Shadow Slash!"
"I activate my trap card, spellbinding circle!" Suddenly, a magic circle appears around my Demon Nobel and zaps him, making unable to attack and reduces his attack by 700 points.
"No, my Demon Nobel!"
"Beaver Warrior, attack!"  Beaver Warrior slices my Demon Nobel, destroying it and makes me lose 300 life points, taking them down to 1700 points.
"I place one card face down. Your move, Rosa."
I draw my next card, which happens to be Pot Of Greed.
"I activate Pot Of Greed!" I then pick up Demon's Wrath and Demon Dragon
'Cool. Always nice to have Demon's Wrath as back up and Demon Dragon as a defence.'
"I place a monster in defence mode and a card face-down!"
Yugi then picks up and ends his turn. I pick up my next card, Drakkar, the Demon Sorcerer.
"I summon, Drakkar, The Demon Sorcerer!" A giant, elf looking creature appears with a giant staff and a giant purple cloak appears on the field.

"That's one of Rosa's strongest cards!" Joey yells.
"Be careful, Yugi!" Téa yells.
'Favouritism'

"Drakkar, attack Beaver Warrior! Shadow Magic attack!" I yell as Drakkar holds his hand out, destroying Yugi's Beaver Warrior and making him drop down to 1200 life points.
"Ugh!"
"Your move, Yugi." I smirk.
"I summon Dark Magician in attack mode. Dark Magician, dark magic attack!" Dark Magician then aims his staff at my Demon Dragon (which was face-down), destroying it.
"No, my Demon Dragon. As punishment for you destroying my Dragon, you lose 500 life points!"
"Grr! I put my Winged Dragon in defence mode." Fortunately, since Demon Dragon was in defence position, I didn't lose any lifepoints but Yugi was down to 700 life points. I could hear Téa, Tristan and Joey talking but I didn't listen to them. I draw my next card, which was negate attack.
'I don't wanna attack this turn so I'll just place negate attack face-down.'
"I place a card face-down and end my turn!" Yugi picks up.
"I'll pass this turn, your move."
I pick up my next card and it happens to be Demon King.
'I want to get the legendary demon out on the field one time.'
"I summon the Demon King! But don't worry, I won't attack just yet." I smirk and Yugi just scowls before drawing his next card.
"I activate Pot Of Greed!" Yugi then draws 2 cards before placing a card face-down.
"I place a card face-down and end my turn."

I pick up my next card, which happened to be polymerisation making me grin.
"We'll, Yugi, this will be my first ever time summoning this monster. I active Polymerisation to fuse my Demon King and Drakkar, the Demon Sorcerer to form the Legendary Demon! This creature is so powerful that it can't be hit by regular attacks and it gives a boost of 800 attack to each 'Demon' monster." The two monsters then merge together to form a giant monster made a giant dark elf-like creature surrounded with shadows that was about the same size as the Red-Eyes with a giant red eyes.
"Legendary Demon, attack Dark Magician!"
"I activate Magical Hats! You have to guess one of the four hats to find my Dark Magician." Yugi smirks.
"Oh come on, I'm bad at guessing." I whine, "I guess I'll just attack the one on the far left." Legendary Demon shoots a dark orb at the hat but there was nothing.
"You missed. My turn, and I added a little gift under one of these hats."
"Great to know. I guess I'll choose the middle one." Legendary Demon attacks the middle one, but nothing again.
"Another empty hat. Only two more left, one with my Dark magician and you win and the other is a trap."
"Thanks for the pressure, Yugi." I sigh as he chuckles and draws.
"Your move."
"I'll choose. Um. Eeny, meeny, miny, mo... I'll choose the one on the right! Legendary Demon attack!"
"Wrong hat once again and my trap has been activated: Mirror Force!"
"No!"
"You said that your Demon was so strong that it can't be hit by regular attacks, but you said nothing about traps! And now both of your monsters are destroyed!" The as my Demon attacks, the move is reflected back at my Legendary Demon and my Demonic Home, destroying them.
"And now, Dark Magician attack!"
"I activate Negate Attack!"
"Your move, Rosa, will you be able to get a monster on the field to protect you?"
'Why didn't I use the Legendary Demon's effect to bring a monster back from the graveyard?! Now I'm out I can't tell if I'll be able to beat him.'
I pick up my next card, which was Demonic Doll.
'I'll just put Cat with 2 Tails on defence.'
"I'll place a monster in defence mode!" I scowl.
"My move. I summon Summoned Skull."
"No!"
"Summoned Skull attack, Lightning strike!"
Summoned Skull strikes my cat with lightning, destroying it.
"No, my defence!"
"And now, Dark Magician attack!"
Dark Magician directly attacks me, annihilating my lifepoints.

"Congrats Yugi!" Tea yells.
"Rosallind Pegasus has lost the duel, making Yugi Muto the champion. There will be an half an hour break before Yugi's Muto's Duel with Maximillion Pegasus." Croquet announces.
"Good job, Yugi. Go beat my Dad." I smile as I give him a thumbs up and nods, as we then leave the arena and head to the others. However, I met Dad in the hallway and Yugi had went in ahead.
"Ah, my dear Rosa, it's so sad that you lost." He dramatically says, making me roll my eyes.
"He won fair and square." I shrug.
"But you could've won so easily and yet, you played without using many of your traps. You could've easily taken Yugi out if you weren't so focused on summoning your Legendary Demon, not to mention if you used your Demon's Wrath trap card earlier."
"Yeah, yeah. I just wasn't thinking properly, and I messed up. Just, don't be so cocky when dueling Yugi, or he'd find a way to beat you." I reply nonchalantly before meeting the others.