12

A/N: turns out I didn't miss as much as I thought.

Father had Kemo take me and Mokuba to the castle and we met him in a dining room.
"Welcome back, Mokuba, my dear Rosa." Father greets us.
"What are you planning?" I coldly ask him.
"We can talk about this later. But Mokuba, we can't have you escaping."
"I won't allow you to take over Kaiba Corp!" Mokuba yells as Father smirks.
'What is he planning? He isn't going to- he is!'
"Mokuba!" I yell as get held back by one of Father's goons.
"Take him to the dungeon." Father commands Kemo.
"Yes, Pegasus sir" Kemo responds as he then picks Mokuba up and takes him away.
"Why did you do that?" I ask, trying not to show fear but I was failing terribly.
"We need him so that-"
"You can take over Kaiba Corp?!"
"You could say that, we also need Yugi-boy to come."
"So why am I here?"
"Well, Rosa, you have been interfering in some of my plans so I decided you should stay here and no longer participate in the competition."
"I...see..." Father then speaks to his other goon, "Take her to her room." He nods and takes me away to my room.

There was a large bed, a desk,a wardrobe, a mirror and a big window. I remember when I stayed in this room before I was sent to Domino City to go to a public school as it would boost my confidence.
"Good night, Miss Rosallind." The man in a suit says.
Then the man leaves and I am left in my room alone. I fall onto my bed and begin to cry. Afraid. Frustrated. Alone. Eventually, I fell asleep.

Light escaped through the curtain and shined on my face, waking me up. I let out a yawn, get changed (outfit above). I sigh as I open the curtain and look outside. In the distance, I could see a duel happening on an arena. There's then a knock at my door and I walk to the door and open it. Croque was standing there.
"Mr Pegasus would like you to meet him in the dining hall." Croque states and I nod. He then leads me to my father and sat opposite him.
"Good morning, Rosa." He greets me with a smile.
"Good morning." I respond.
"Would you like to play some games and watch some cartoons like we used to?"
"Is that really a wise idea to do that when you have a tournament happening right now?"
"It's fine. I wouldn't want my daughter to be alone in her room all the time, would I?" Father laughs and I force a smile, trying to hide the fact that I was feeling uncomfortable. It was like how it was not long after Father adopted me.

We were sitting at the table, eating food.
"You really don't talk much, do you Rosallind?" Father laughs while I look down while clenching my fists on my lap.
"Hmm, we should could you something shorter than Rosallind. How about we call you Rosa?" My lips lift to make a small smile but I don't look up. Father still manages to see my smile and smiles too.
"Rosa it is."

"Okay, I'll do it." I state.
"Marvelous!" Father exclaims. We then eat some food and then play some duel monsters. Then Father had to leave for something happening in the tournament so I was in my room once again.

"What should I do?" I ask myself as I sit at my desks.
"Maybe I should see Mokuba... That's what I'll do!" I then sneak to the dungeon and go to where Mokuba was. Both of his legs where chained and he was sitting against the wall at the back of the cell.

"Mokuba, are you okay?" I quietly ask him as he looks up to me.
"Rosa, what are you doing here?" He questions.
"I snuck down here to see you. Have they done anything to you?"
"I'm locked in this cell and I can't get out. Pegasus thinks he can beat Seto but no one knows him better than I do."
"You would. You knew him the longest. I remember you were always playing chess with Seto in the orphanage."
"H-how?" Mokuba asks but stutters as he shakes from the cold.
"You're cold right?" I take my jacket off, use one of my hair pins to unlock the gate and put my jacket over him.
"Here, I can't help you get out those chains but you can have my jacket to keep warm. And about how I know... I was there and we actually spoke at times as I would play chess with Seto. A couple of years after you and Seto were taken in by Kaiba, Pegasus adopted me." Mokuba's eyes widen as he remembers me.
"Thanks, Rosa." He simply says and I smile.

Suddenly, the alarm went off.
'Crap!' We then heard Seto yelling for Mokuba.
"Seto." Mokuba mumbles, "My brother's here!" Seto then run over to us.
"Mokuba." Seto says as he then notices me, "Rosallind?"
"Seto, it's you." Mokuba states.
"Yeah, it's me."
"Seto." Mokuba then stands up and holds his card- shaped locket, "I always knew you would come and rescue me. Always."
"Little brother."
"So, what now? I bet you have some high-tech plan to get me-" Mokuba is then cut off by the pain of the shackles on his legs. I then hold him.
"Stay still." I state.
"I'll find away to get you out if them." Seto states. 

"Well, well, the brothers Kaiba, reunited at last. Bravo, Kaiba, bravo. I knew nothing would stop you from getting here, Kaiba." Father says as he walks to us.
"Pegasus."
'Father.'

"Ah, Kaiba, I knew you'd come for your brother eventually." Father states.
"Oh, really?" Kaiba responds, "Well, tell me something, Pegasus. Did you also foresee what I'm about to do to you for harming my little brother?"
"Actually, Kaiba, I predict you won't lay a finger on me."
"And why is that?" Father then laughs and I stand in front of Mokuba.
"You conniving snake! I should take you down right now for what you've done to Mokuba."
"Seto, calm down. You won't be able to beat him like this." I state, causing Kaiba to glare at me.
"In my dungeon, in my castle, in my realm, the only one who makes threats... Is me."
Father's eyes began to glow.
"Dad, no!" I yell but he ignores me. Mokuba then collapses but I catch him.
"Mokuba!" Me and Kaiba shout while Father laughs and then shows us a card with Mokuba on.
"You monster! What have you done? What have you done to him?!" Kaiba yells.
"It's just a little magic trick." Father responds with a smirk.
"Tell me, what have you done?"
"I've insured your cooperation, for, you see, Mokuba's soul is now imprisoned where the locks can't be picked."
"You're mad!"
"And there he will remain, Kaiba boy, until you beat me in a duel."
"Duel? With you? Now?"
"No. He'll want you to gain 10 star chips first." I state.
"Not quite, Rosallind." Pegasus says.
'He doesn't call me that unless he's mad.'
"You must earn the privilege to challenge me, and you can only do that by defeating Yugi in a duel. And if you can't win against him, Mokuba's soul will stay mine forever." Father then begins to laugh.

"So what will it be, Seto Kaiba? Do you care enough about your brother's life to try and save his soul? Not that you really have a choice. Mokuba's soul belongs to me. So lifelike but you probably wanted him in the flesh, didn't you?"
"Argh, you're not human!"
"Quite human, actually. Just extraordinarily gifted." Father then throws 5 star chips on the floor in front of Kaiba, "Here. You'll need these for your duel with Yugi."
"Huh? Why are you doing this?"
"My reason is none of your concern. Maybe I just enjoy the struggle, watching the contant tug of war between you and Yugi-boy. Or maybe I want something you're incapable of comprehending... Something you'll end up delivering to me all tied up in a bow."
"Talk straight! What do you want?"
"Dad wants you to see if you are capable of beating Yugi in a duel and if you can, you will be able to duel Dad in a duel. Then if you manage to beat Dad, he'll return Mokuba's soul." I explain.
"Rosallind is correct."
"For now, I have no choice but to play your game. But soon as I defeat Yugi, I'll be back. And you'd better make good on your promise to restore my brother, because if you don't, I'll take great pleasure in seperating your soul from your body in my own way!" Kaiba says as he walks off.
"Wait! I'm coming!" I yell as I go to chase him but Father grabs my arm.
"We are having a little chat, Rosallind."
'I'm dead.'

We then go to my room and I sit at my desk while Father stands and scolds me.
"Why did you go to the dungeon to see Mokuba? I thought I made it clear that you weren't suppose to go see him? And lockpicking the gate is not acceptable!" Father then continues while I just listen and eventually he comes to the end of his rant, "You will not be allowed to leave this room without my permission!" He yells, causing my eyes to widen. He then leaves and locks the door. I was now alone. I rest my head on my desk as streams of tears fell down my face.
'I'm so helpless! Why can't I help anyone?!'