Chapter 2

Thursday

Ugh school was awful today. We had a snow day yesterday and it's a good thing because I think it would've been too cold and my powers would have been set off. The heater is starting to break and my dad's too lazy to fix it. If we don't have heat I'm gonna start to transform. My power is a big secret. I don't have many friends other than Taylor and not even she knows about this.

Speaking of Taylor, I've been having to blow her off a lot lately. I'm always worried that what if my powers just randomly were set off. What would I do if I all of the sudden turned into Shakira in the middle of the mall even if it wasn't cold?

Of course I wouldn't tell her, that would be insane. I mean, I'm practically Shakira.

My phone started to ring and I saw that it was Taylor. I answered it.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey, would you wanna go ice skating tomorrow at like 7:30?" she asked.

I paused. I don't wanna blow her off, but I also don't want my secret to be exposed. I'd be wearing a lot to keep me warm but even the slightest bit of cold can start the transformation.

"Sure, I'll see you then," I answer.

"Great, I'll see you at 7:30, " she hangs up the phone.

Why did I say yes!? What was I thinking? I mean I do wanna spend time with Taylor but ice skating isn't the ideal place. What am I going to do?