Chapter 9

Wednesday

I'm in AP chemistry right now and so is Brad. I'm really hoping he's gonna ask me to go to the winter formal with him. He's six four, brown hair and has light blue eyes, he's the perfect guy. Wait. Is he walking towards me?

"Hey," he says.

I start to panic."Hey Brad."

"Would you wanna go to the winter formal with me?"

Oh my god! I mean I was expecting this, but it actually happening is completely different. Just stay cool.

"Yeah," I saw in the most awkward tone I could possibly speak in.

"Okay, I'll see you next Friday then," he walks away and I sit there in awe.

The bell rings and I head off to lunch. Taylor was already sitting there waiting for me. Taylor and I started talking last night. I rush over to tell her about the news.

"Taylor, guess who just asked me to the winter formal?" I say.

She stares at me with a confused look. "What's wrong, Taylor?"

"I thought we said we weren't going with dates?" she says.

"Oh yeah, I completely forgot, but I can still go with him, right?" I ask.

"I mean promise is a promise, but it's your choice," she replies.

The bell rings after an awkward lunch and right now I don't now what to do? Go to the winter formal with the guy of my dreams or keep my best friend?