Chapter 8

Tuesday

I'm finally back home after being kidnapped by the FBI. I was finally able to convince them that I didn't steal the weapon, but I had to show them powers. They also made me preform "Hips Don't Lie."

Taylor and I haven't spoken since the day of the interrogation and I don't know if I really want to talk to her. I mean, I know she said something because she cares about me, but she should have talked to me first. My phone starts to ring and I see that it's Taylor. I decide to answer.

"Hey," she says.

Hey? That's all she has to say.

"Are you still mad?" she asks.

"I mean a little. It's not because you told it's because you should have came and talked to me first," I reply.

She gives a brief sigh."I know, it's just that when I'm worried about someone I just try and do everything I can to make sure they're okay. I have to go out to eat I'll talk to you later."

She hangs up.

My parents have been trying to get me out of the house, but I'm too scared. I don't even really want to go to school, except for one thing and one thing only - a date to the winter formal. There's this super cute guy in my school named Brad and everybody's saying he's gonna ask me to go. I hope that if he is going to ask me that it'll be soon. I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow.