Chapter 14

Finale - Part 2

I'm still mixed up on what to do. I thought I had this down and I knew what I wanted to do, but I'm as lost as ever.

After thinking for two hours I've come to a decision.

"Mom, dad. I wanna get my powers removed." There's a long pause in the room.

"We'll take you now, but Taylor can't come. We won't even be able to come, well to the tree at least. We can take you there and that's all we can do, " my says.

We've been driving for a while. All I see is a bunch of wooded area for miles upon miles. After a three hour drive we've arrived. I get out of the car where it's freezing cold and I see a large forest ahead of me all covered in a white blanket of snow.

"So, what do I need to do?" I ask.

"You see that oak tree? Go up to it and sing this song." My mom hands me a crumpled piece of paper.

I start towards the path that takes me to the oak tree. I walk up to the tree and begin to sing.

And I'm on tonight you know my hips don't

lie and I'm starting to feel it's right

All the attraction, the tension don't you see

baby, this is perfection

"It's not working," I shout.

"Just keep singing it," my dad shouts back.

I start again.

And I'm on tonight you know my hips don't

lie and I'm starting to feel it's right

All the attraction, the tension don't you see

baby, this is perfection

I see a white light begin to swirl around me with a gold streak in it. I think I'm in some kind of portal. All I can see is white and I feel a strong wind hit my face. The wind becomes so loud that I can't even hear myself think. I'm pretty sure it's working. I start to sing it again.

And I'm on tonight you know my hips don't

lie and I'm starting to feel it's right

All the attraction, the tension don't you see

baby, this is perfection

I feel a burst in my chest and I have a splitting headache. I begin to spin in a tornado-like fashion and I hear a loud boom.

I wake up in my room on my bed. Did I black out?

"What happened?" I ask.

"When you were reversing the spell it was so powerful that you got knocked out," my dad said.

"So is it reversed?" I ask.

"Let's go see." My mom and dad lead me outside where it's only 1°F.

I stand outside and nothing happened. Nothing happened! I'm finally free of the worry and stress my powers have brought upon me.

"It worked! It worked! I'm free," I shout.

I call Taylor to go sledding at the school where there are a bunch of hills. This is my first time in the snow and I'm really excited. I know I've made the right choice, especially since I can spend more time with Taylor. Sadly tomorrow's it's supposed to get warmer and spring is about to start, but there's always next year.