05: REIGN

━━ WILBUR SIGHS, ADJUSTING THE COLLAR OF HIS SHIRT IN THE MIRROR.

Today was the day, he may end up a dead man after this, or he would rule a great nation once again

Today was the day, he may end up a dead man after this, or he would rule a great nation once again. It made his skin itch as he thought about how much could change in a few hours. Quackity's deal was still fresh in his mind, making him more worried than he would've liked. Schlatt as the acting leader was something he hoped he never lived to see. He constantly beats himself up every day about bringing him to the SMP. He shouldn't have reached out, they were more than capable with Vikkstar on their side.

"You're going to do great, Wilbur," You said, placing a gentle hand on his arm, turning him to face you.

Almost instantly, his shoulders fall as he relaxes under your touch. You had that sort of effect on him that made him melt as he looked into your eyes.

"Thank you," He said.

His hand falls to your waist as you stand there, gazing at each with no other words to be said.

Then the door bursts open, "Let's do some politics!" Tommy shouted, completely ignoring the intimate moment with you and Wilbur. Tubbo is right behind him, mirroring Tommy's huge smile as he cheers.

"I feel like there's gonna be a lot of comedic killing tonight," Tommy said, standing at the doorway as you and Wilbur quickly separate.

"Comedic?" You ask, eyebrows raised.

"That's my favorite kind of homicide," Wilbur joked, following Tommy out the door as everyone laughs. You take in the view of L'manberg, the sun sitting high in the sky and bathing everything in a golden glow. A slight breeze tugs at the tails of your revolution uniform. The water sparkles in the sunlight, splashing over the sides of the bank. The hot dog van sits right in the center, flames erupting from the top and dancing in the wind. You were proud of this place, of the people. It all felt right.

"I just want to say," Tommy said, breaking the silence and glancing over at your brother. "Tubbo has made a huge underground complex and made lots and lots of drugs in case things go south so." He grabs a potion from his pocket, turning over the small bottle in his hand. The lavender liquid shimmering in his palms, "Here you go," he hands it to Wilbur.

He takes it from him, smiling gratefully as Tubbo leads you to the underground bunker.

"Oh my fucking god, Tubbo," Wilbur gaped, taking in the smooth stone walls and wooden stairs leading into the depths of the unknown.

You turn to your brother, giving him a small fist bump, "This is incredible."

"I wanted to be prepared."

"I think we definitely are."

Everyone turns to leave, heading toward the podium where history would be made. You and Tubbo remain in the crowd, taking your seats as Wilbur steps up to it, a small envelope in his hands that he shows the crowd. "Ladies and gentlemen, I have the results."