19: BETRAYAL

━━ FUNDY CALLED YOU.

It only took you mere minutes to get there

"He's okay?" You asked, eyes hopeful.

Fundy nods, "Go look."

You hug Fundy briefly, thanking him and running upstairs to his room. The door is slightly open, and you can see feet dangling off the bed. You push open the door the rest of the way, and he raises his head to meet your gaze.

"Am I allowed to take these off yet?" He asked, tugging at the bandages.

You let out a breath of relief and surge forward, hugging him tightly.

And he flinches.

It's barely there, but you felt it. He's quick to sink into your hug after, but he doesn't hold you as tight.

"Are you okay?"

He nods, letting go of you. "I feel... alive."

"That's good."

"Yeah."

"Thank you," Quackity said. "For getting to me. And you know, not letting me bleed out."

"Yeah, no, of course, not a problem. Thanks for waking up."

Quackity winks, or maybe he blinks. You can't tell with the bandages. "Well, I couldn't let this handsome face die just yet."

"You are the only person to almost die and still be so self-absorbed."

"You love it."

You sit down on the bed next to him, a genuine smile crossing your face. "I'm really glad you're okay, Quackity."

"I am too, (Y/N)," He hums. "I can't die without taking that bastard down with me."

"Techno?"

Quackity chuckles. "Dream."

You raise an eyebrow, sitting up straighter. "You want to kill Dream?"

"You don't?"

"Of course I do," You reply quickly.

"He was the one who helped Techno escape," Quackity starts, bitterness clear in his voice. "I'm so tired of playing by his rules. I don't know how he keeps doing it or how we keep letting him! That man is just pulling us all by his strings now."

"How exactly do you plan on killing him? Techno nearly killed you. There's no way-"

Quackity cuts you off. "We do that same thing Schlatt did."

"Schlatt?"

"I hate that man as much as you, but his ideas, not all of them were terrible."

"What are you proposing?"