20: GOODBYE

━━ "WHOSE SIDE ARE YOU REALLY ON?"

The blond chuckles, pushing his hair back and looking at you with raised brows

The blond chuckles, pushing his hair back and looking at you with raised brows. "What do you think, pretty girl?"

"Not theirs."

Punz shrugs, clicking his tongue. "Well, you can't prove that."

"I'm not trying to."

"No?"

"No."

"And which side do you belong to?"

You narrow your eyes at him. "Maybe I don't have one."

Punz scoffs. "Oh, you have one. It just might not be either."

"Maybe so."

The slightest smirk graces Punz's lips. He brushes past you, eyes falling to the sword at your hip. "Well, whatever side you pick, I hope it's the right one. Wouldn't want to give you any more scars."

"I could say the same for you."

"See you out there."

He's gone in the blink of an eye. You let out a sigh, looking at the empty chests in front of you. After the accusation, and the declaration, Tommy took a stance.

Or an attempt at one.

He gave a speech, saying now was the time to fight for L'manberg. And while most people agreed, there appeared to be more that didn't.

Niki and HBomb made it clear that Tommy was the last person they trusted, which you couldn't argue with. As happy as you were to have him back in one piece, Dream was right.

The moment he came back, another war had started. L'manberg had barely recovered from the last. You doubted it would this time, but was that such a bad thing?

Fundy and Eret had agreed with Niki, forming their own side to end all the other sides. You had intended to join but didn't.

It didn't feel right.

Punz, Sapnap, Ponk, Callahan, Puffy, and Jack had all claimed to be on the side of L'manberg. If you were honest, you had your suspicions on most of them.

Callahan had only returned a few weeks ago, and yet, no one knew anything about him. He came home without Alyssa this time. No one mentioned it.

Captain Puffy had arrived via shipwreck off the coast. She stumbled into the mess of an SMP, but she never really interacted with L'manberg. It appeared odd to you why she would be fighting for that side, but it wasn't your business. The same could be said for Jack, but maybe through it all, he still felt some loyalty to it.

You didn't plan on asking him.

Ranboo perhaps had made the biggest point, and yet still, there were sides. You hadn't seen him today yet, but as far as you were aware, he remained neutral. He planned to fight with L'manberg, but not for. That's where you aligned yourself. You were fighting with people. The only thing you were fighting for was survival.