4| The party

If someone needs your help, you help them right? You can't just leave them alone. I know being selfless in dauntless isn't quite ideal, but you can't leave someone who isn't doing good mentally, helpless.

"Come on let's dance!"Alice grabs our hands.

Everyone was here, the initiates, dauntless leaders, dauntless members. There was a temporary stage set up in the pit along with two portable bars on the side.

People were dancing, singing their hearts out. Feeling alive and happy. We watched them as the colorful lights shined on them.

"Can I get a drink first?" Christina looks at us.

All Christina wanted to do was to get drunk. Alice wanted to find someone to hook up with. Who knows what Peter, William and Vincent wanted to do.

What I wanted to do was to locate Four.

"Again? Come on I love this song!!" Alice whines. "Let's gooooo!"

"Fine! I'll come with you, we'll find you later Christina" I sigh.

"I love you guys don't worry" Christina laughs and she disappears into the crowd. She used to follow us everywhere during these parties. Now she always goes to the bar. She never dances with us.

I don't blame her though, because if I had lost someone close to me, I would want to drink whenever I had the opportunity to.

I smile at Alice and we walk to the center of the pit where everyone was dancing.

The vibes in dauntless create memories I will never forget. Everyone is just so happy, so free.

Alice and I danced together for a while with other dauntless members and initiates. I'm just so used to doing this, and I will never get tired of it either.

I notice Peter, Vincent, and their friends leaning on the metal staircase that goes up to the second level along the walls, leading to different hallways.

"Come on guys! Dance!!" I yell at them.

They shrug their shoulders and shake their heads and go back to talking.

"What's a party without dancing?!!" Alice cups her mouth to louden her voice.

Peter shakes his head.

"Damn it Peter!" Alice rolls her eyes and struts over to the staircase. I watch her climb up there, take his hands, and pull him away from his friends.

I'm going to find Christina, I thought.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and I turn around. Lexie.

"Hey!" she holds a drink in her hand.

"Hey... I hope that's not alcohol" I point.

There is a new rule that initiates are not allowed to drink until they are officially members. Its just a precaution to keep them from getting wasted since they were still going through initiation.

"Oh it's not, it's just soda" she chuckles, staring at it.

"Having fun?" I simply ask.

"I actually am!... we would never have parties like this in amity" she implies. "I just feel so... free. Like it's illegal you know? But not in a bad way"

I nod. "Me too.."

"I like your dress" she says after a few seconds, admiring what I was wearing.

"Thank you! I like yours too" she wears a dark red spaghetti strap dress that goes down to her knees.

"It's so different from what I've been wearing all my life" she runs a hand down her side.