Nine

Katie was focusing on the three nomads. James, Laurent, and Victoria. She wasn't say a word or listening to Carlisle as she was trying to control her heart. She was scared, well that's what she thought till Edward wrapped his arms around her. "Are you okay?'

"Yeah." She tells him.

"Keep calm."

She nodded as she had to do this for the baby. She had to be brave. Katie Stanley was going to see real danger. The wind blew cause James to stop and look at Katie. "You brought a snack."

Katie was pulled into Esme's arms as Edward along with the  others. Katie was scared and knew this may not end well.
~~~
"I'm fine Jessica, just going to stay the night with Alice." Katie tells her cousin. "She wanted to help buy something for the baby and she promised to help find a crib since they were struggling in finding one. Yes I'll be home soon and plus Alice wanted to help find a dress for prom."

Edward wrapped his arms around her as Katie hung up. "You'll be safe. You and this baby are my world now."

Katie turned around and kissed him. She didn't care at the moment as she needed to focus on something besides her safety. Edward held her lose Ashe kissed her, but pulled away as he heard Carlisle and Laurent. "He's here making peace."

Laurent looked at the couple. "I've dealt with James before. He won't stop at nothing till he has what he wants." He says but heard a faint heartbeat. "My child, your..."

"Yes." She said.

"Let's get you to the garage."

Katie nodded as she walked away. Carlisle sighed as the may not end well.
~~~
Katie hugged Edward before she got in. "None of you should be doing this." She tells him.

"Katie, I've told you that you are my world and so is this baby." He tells her. "I love you, Katie Stanley."

"I love you." She tells him as Alice got in.

Edward watched Alice drive off and sighed as this was going to be the longest he hasn't been by Katie's side. His doing this for Katie and the baby. "Ready, Edward?"

"Yeah. Let's get him distracted."