Twenty

Edward stood in front of his family. "Sorry, it's been awhile Kitty, but I was afraid..."

"Then why didn't you contact me. I'm your daughter. You left me with a woman who wanted me to give up my child as she didn't want me to be pregnant." She confessed. "You don't even get to call me Kitty because you left me."

Tommy sighed. "I know and I messed up." He tells her. "I didn't know what happened to me. I didn't even know why I was turned. All I remember was an argument with your mother before I left for work then everything after that went blank."

"Why didn't you come to me if you knew where I was this whole time?" She asked as Edward looked at her.

"Baby, why don't you go to our room with Kathrine and rest."

Katie nodded as she kissed him before walking away. Edward looked at Tommy and sighed. "She is so hurt from this. I knew I should have, but I was scared of hurting her. I want her to know that I never stopped loving her. Even my mate can back me up." He tells him. "I feel bad for never telling my family, but that letter..."

'The one that caused Katherine to be born early." Tommy stared in shock. "Yes, she opened the letter and her water broke right then and there. Katherine wasn't due at the time and yet, she came because of the shock she got from that letter. Her suspicions about you being alive were proven the day she went into labor." Edward tells him. "Right now, I think Katie needs to think about all this because seeing that you are alive has given her mixed emotions."

"I will give her time." Tommy says. "Just let her know that I was actually afraid of hurting her."

"She knows. It's just you had all these years to come see her and you didn't. So, she's hurt and angry with you."

Tommy nodded. "When she's ready to talk. Tell her there is someone that is going to be there with me who can help as she was the one to help me from the start."

"I will."

Tommy left as Katie walked over to him. "I'm not ready to forgive him, but I will be reasonable and listen to his story."

"That will work." He says. "Let's go hunt."

"Is Jessica with..."

"Yeah. She's loving this life like you are." He says kissing her head. "Rosalie, Alice and Esme will be here." 

Nodding, they left. Katie promised herself to listen to her father, but that doesn't mean she will forgive him just yet. That's all she can do for now is listen.