Two

Katie woke up the next day feeling different and it wasn't the pregnancy that made her this way. Something good might happen this week. Katie grabbed her homework and her bag. She made sure she had everything and walked out of her room. "Jessica, are you ready?"

"Yeah." Jessica said as she poked her head out of her bedroom. "Let's get going."

Katie smiled as she knew Jessica was cheering for her and Edward. She noticed that Jessica looked at her outfit before speaking making Katie know that she was approving of her outfit for Edward. Katie smiled as she grabbed an apple and climbed into the car. "I think something might happen this week, but I don't know what it is."

"Hmmm... maybe hold onto that feeling."
~~~
When the Stanley's arrived at school, Alice looked with a smile as today she was going to talk to the human. Edward didn't know none of this as he left to clear his mind. The Denali's know about his pregnant mate and knew he was confused. At first they thought it was the blood singer, but this time it's his mate.

Katie made eye contact with the Cullens and sighed when she didn't see Edward and felt the tug in her heart. She felt horrible for some odd reason and wanted to go home. The pain was unbearable and knew something was wrong. "I'm going to class."

"Okay." Jessica said as she watched her cousin go in. She knew something was wrong.

"Guys, something is wrong with Katie." Alice said.

"It's the mate bond. Edward left making Katie struggle with pain." Rosalie said. "I'll call him and tell him what is happening."

"Okay." Alice said as she left to watch Katie.
~~~
The Denali's smiled as they watched Edward drive off. The news of Katie being in pain because of his disappearance got it. "Did you say Katie Stanley is Edward's mate?"

Tanya turned and kissed her mate. "Yes Tommy. Why?"

"Katie is my daughter." He tells her. "I get to see her forever now."

"I think you would have turned her way before she passed the age of 21."

Tommy nodded knowing that was what his plans was. His daughter is a mate just like him and that meant everything was going to be just fine.
~~~
Katie was reading a book in the library as she wasn't that hungry. Her mind drifted back to Edward. 'Why did he leave?' She thought. Everything seemed perfect, but he just suddenly disappeared. Katie shook her head so she won't think about Edward.

"Hello?"

Katie turned to see the pixie Cullen in front of her. "Hello."

"I'm Alice."

"Katie." She replies. "I'm sorry to be nosy, but where is Edward?"

"Edward is actually on his way home." Alice replies after seeing his decision into coming back after hearing the pain he caused for Katie and himself. "He left, but decided to come back."

"Family?"

"Yeah." Alice said. "They never really got alone and he decided to leave early."

Katie nodded not fully believing her. Something was telling Katie that there was a reason and that reason was her alone. "I'll see you later Alice." She said as she left the library. Alice knew that Katie didn't believe her. They may not have to worry about her curiosity. They have to worry about how smart she is.
~~~
The next day came and Katie was studying for a test later that day. Jessica knew that the class Katie was in had a big test that makes people panic, but not Katie. "Ready for that test?"

"Yeah." Katie replies. "Just going over some things and I'm ready fully."

Jessica smiled as they pulled up to the school. Katie put her things away and decided to put her bag in the locker. As she was walking, she never noticed Edward watching her. Edward followed her as he wanted to hear her voice again. Katie smiled as she was putting her things up. "Katie."

Katie turned and saw Edward. "Hello."

"I wanted to apologize." He said as Katie shut her locker.

"I was never mad. Yes I may have been a little nosy, but mad never." Edward started following Katie trying to understand her. "You had a family issue the might have needed to be sorted out or whatever, but that's none of my business."

"Your different from others." He tells her.

"Meaning?"

"Meaning you don't put your don't make it your business to know everything." Edward stated. "You ask one question and walk away once you get a little bit of what you want. Katie, your a passionate person and your seem to wait for answers than trying to uncover the truth."

"You got all that in just thirty minutes?"

"I'm very observant." Edward tells her making her laugh.

"Okay, whatever you say." Katie said as she walked in the classroom.

Edward knew this was going to be an eventful week with her.