Chapter 8: Protector

"Mr.Diggory y-you're here!" You hug him. "Your father said you've made some new friends, how is that going?" He asks. "Oh yeah they don't come around much.." you mutter "You should invite them to dinner tonight Y/n!" Your father adds "Oh no I don't think-" Amos cuts you off "That sounds great! We'd love to meet them." "S..sure I'll go over and tell them.." "Y/n but it's raining I'll drive you." Your father says. "No no it's okay I'll come back home and shower!" You add running out the door.

You ran and ran in the rain until you got to Sam's cabin. You softly knock on the door shivering from the cold rain. Paul opens the door "Y/n what are you doing?!" He quickly pulls you inside where all the boys are sitting at the table eating. "Y/n! You're freezing come here!" Embry pulls you aside to his room. "Here put these on" he hands you a jumper and some sweatpants. You quickly change and he comes back into the room. "So what are you doing here?" He questions. "I need you to come to dinner with me tonight.. you, Seth and Jacob or someone please!" You beg "hey hey of course but what's so important about it?" "I..I lied okay? I know what the Cullens are only because I knew Edward at my old school. He used to be a wizard until he died at our triwizard tournament..I had to lie because I didn't want to put any one at risk and they only told me what they were because I watched him die and they either told me or killed me I'm so so sorry.." Embry hugs you. "It's okay. You were protecting yourself I understand" "I told you she knew." Jared appears around the corner. "It's not my fault! I'd rather lie then die!" You snap. "Don't get feisty with me. You don't know who you're messing with" he growls "I'm not scared of you" Jared grows angry and begins growling louder. "Ohhh you're going to regret that!" Paul says. You begin to step back and he transforms. He bares his teeth and begins snapping at you until all of a sudden he backs down. "What happened?" Seth looks around. "He imprinted.." Jacob mutters. You turn around and see Embry. "I..I'm sorry I had to he was going to hurt you." Jared transforms back. "You got lucky." He snaps and walks away along with Paul, Sam and Emily. "Welcome to the pack!" Jacob says. "You two will have great kids!" Seth adds leaving both you and Embry speechless. "I- don't listen to him.." he mutters. "Thank you..for saving me"  " I just wish I didn't have to imprint on you.." "why?" You ask. "Because you should get to go out and date other people. You shouldn't be stuck with me." "I don't mind being stuck with you.." "Besides as long as the romantic feelings don't start growing yet you can be like her best friend, her protector until the romantic feelings begins to come if they come. Sometimes they don't it all just depends." Sam explains as he walks in. "Right.. I have to get back home. I'll see you in an hour right?" Embry nods "Let me take you home." He walks with you outside. "When I transform hop on okay?" Your eyes widen. "Wait what-" next thing you know he was in his wolf form. You quickly climb on top gripping around his neck as he runs through the forest towards your house. He drops you off across the street so he is still hidden. He gives you a little nod and you run inside.

"Ah Y/n you're back! And soaked." Your father teases. "Right I'll hop in the shower immediately. Also only one of my friends will be able to attend tonight. His name is Embry he's sweet you'll adore him." You run upstairs before he can reply.

You shower quickly and get changed.
(Your outfit)

You hear a knock at the door

You hear a knock at the door. "I got it!" You yell as you run downstairs.  You open the door and see Embry. He was wearing a nice elegant shirt with a coat and some slacks. "Well you look lovely!" You give him a kiss on a cheek. "You look gorgeous Y/n" "Thank you. Come come!" You take his hand to the kitchen to where Amos and your father were. "Amos, Father this is my dearest friend Embry." You smile and he greets them both. "I'm Amos Diggory. A good friend of Y/n's father." "And I'm Y/n's father. Harrison Bennett."

Dinner begins and your father begins serving everyone passing the plates and you all begin talking. "So Embry do you have any siblings or is it just you?" Your father asks. "Well I'm an only child, my mother left my father before I was born and I have a group of people I was raised with that I consider family. They all actually go to school with Y/n and I." Your father nods "I'm glad she's finally making friends." You scoff "Father!" He shrugs "It's true Y/n! You haven't put yourself out there ever since-" he's cut off by a knock at the door. "I'll get it!" Your shoot your father a sharp look to not bring up the Cedric situation in front of Amos.

You go to open the door and Cedric was standing in the door way. "You have to go!" You whisper. "Tell me it's not true.. tell me he didn't imprint on you!" He begins to speak loudly. "You need to go please! We can talk about this tomorrow but please leave!" You beg but he wasn't leaving, he was only growing angrier. "Y/n I need to know!" He shouts and bangs his hand against the door causing your father, Embry and Amos to come check on you. "Cedric?.." your father whispers. Cedric meets his fathers eyes and quickly runs away. "That was my son...THAT WAS MY BOY!" Amos yells trying to run after him..