Chapter 16: Only The Beginning

You wake up still on the ground but around you were lifeless bodies that were torn to pieces. You sit up and Embry was on the floor covered in blood. He was on the ground holding on to his leg. "Embry are you okay?" You rush to him "Yeah.. I- I don't know what they did but my leg-" you gently lift up his pants and there was a huge slash in his leg "Okay let's get to the others I'm sure Hermione has something for that" you say and you help him up putting one arm around your neck as you placed your hand on his torso to help him walk.

You were walking for ages and soon nightfall comes. You pull out your wand and quietly whisper "Lumos" and the tip of your wand lights up. "I have no clue where we are" you confess "I could tell.. I can't transition while I'm hurt it would make things a lot worse but maybe we should just take a break and we-" he is cut of as someone bumps into you and both you and the unknown figure scream. "Harry?" You ask he coughs "Y/n!" He says hugging you "Where are the others? And where is your wand?!" You ask "I left my wand with Hermione when I came to look for you and they are this way come!" He says you and Embry were dragging behind when Harry finally noticed "Oh let me help, Ron got hurt too Hermione has some sort of potion brewed for that" he says taking Embrys other arm around his neck.

You finally reach the campsite where you lay Embry down against one of the trees "Here Harry. Take this and do as I did with Ron okay?" She instructs and Harry nods taking the bottle and bandages. "Y/n come over here" she says and she raises her her wand so you do the same "Repeat with me Salvio hexia" she mutters and both of you chant as you surround the area. "Alright.. that should do it" she mutters "Your friend Embry should be healed soon, same for Ron" "That's good.. good thing you had all of that medical stuff" she nods "Well you took care of a lot of it. Besides we wouldn't be alive if we didn't have your wolf friend..what happened to him anyway?" You shrug "He came back for me and then the death eaters caught up to us and the last thing I remember us one of the spells hit us sending us both tumbling to the ground" you answer "And you and Cedric? You two seem distant even though you used to be inseparable!" "The thing is he isn't the same. I still care about him of course but when someone you love dies...you don't expect to see them for a very long time and it's just all the sleepless nights and the room of sad people all the time after his death could've been prevented. He could've came back, made up some story about how it only stunned him at the time or something. The Wizard world is full of mysteries and questions he could've came up with something but he didn't.. which gives me the impression he didn't care enough to come back.." you say and she looks down "Yeah I get it. It was hard on a lot of people but you.. you knew him the longest and were the closest to him, even his own girlfriend didn't care as much as you did.." you roll your eyes that Cho was a bitch for what she did, if i didn't move I would've gotten expelled for kicking her ass" you mutter and Hermione tries holding in her laugh but you both couldn't taken it seriously and began laughing. All of a sudden you hear footsteps and leaves crunching around you. There were death eaters "Where do you suppose they went Boss?" One of them ask "Don't know... do you smell that?" He begins to sniff the air his face only inches from your and Hermione's due to the protection enchantments you were practically invisible. "It smells like.. a girls perfume.." he mutters taking another step. "I don't think they are around here we would've heard something" he nods in agreement "Fine. Let's keep going, but be aware.. I hear they have some beast with them" he announces before stomping off. You and Hermione run off to the others "They were so close.." you whisper and everyone turns to the both of you. "Are you guys okay?" Ron asks making his way to Hermione "Yeah but we have to be careful they are scanning these woods" Hermione says. "Alright then let's decide who watches over night and who gets to sleep.." Harry suggests. "Well I say let the people who got hurt sleep along with the girls and the Harry and I can keep watch I'm sure we will be just fine right Harry?" Cedric looks at Harry and Harry nods "Y-yeah.." you Hermione and Cedric begin to set up the first tent "You know your girlfriend could try to help, she's kind of slowing us down don't you think?" You say. "Enough Y/n" he mutters.

After you set up both tents Hermione and Ron take one tent and you, Bella and Embry take the other. You can hear distant whispers from both Harry and Cedric. Soon you fall asleep next to Embry.

The next morning you wake up and everyone was packing things up. "What's going on?" You ask stretching "We need to move, sooner or later they are going to notice and it's best if we leave asap" Harry answers. Embry was able to stand up now but he still had a limp. "Once we take down these enchantments we need to run, fast into any hidden or dark space. Also try to stick with someone it will make things easier." Hermione adds. After taking down the spell each one of you take off into a run. Edward had a hold of both Ron and Embry to help them along as they ran and you stuck by Hermione's side. Before you reach the end of the woods figures emerge from the shadows. You all try to switch directions but they emerge from each side with now way out...