IX Taylor

The next morning, there was only one day left for the interviews. I had not seen Elina Redger so much because she preferred solitude. So when it was time for me to talk to her, I was a little nervous. When I stepped into her room, I became even more nervous and I felt like I was rowing. I knew it was stupid but it felt like I had something to prove to her.

She was sitting in a chair with a bottle in her hand and a gray loop over her eye. She blew away the set and the bottle on the table and stared at me. I thought about saying something but it did not happen. She just glared at me and was probably waiting for me to say something, so I tried to think of something to say. I fingered nervously with my red hair for a while until I really had to say something.

- That's how we should ... I would have started when Elina interrupted me.

- Sit there. She pointed to a hard chair that I sat on.

- What's your weapon? she asked with her eyes fixed on me without anything foggy in her eyes.

- I can handle a knife but I do not use weapons, I said doubtfully I was not good at fighting but I can still survive.

- How will you survive then? said Elina with an accused tone. It did not sound like a question more like an accusation but I did not answer it as if it were.

- I hide, find food and stay on my edge.

- They will find you and kill you! almost screamed Elina who had hurriedly stood up. I had, without thinking, taken a bottle that had stood behind me and raised it in a defensive position. A few seconds later in that position, I embarrassedly put it down again.

- You seem to have good reflexes, said Elina without seeming amused. I think I know how to behave, smart as well. Answer the questions but deviate or we could figure out a technique ... She interrupted and seemed to think fast.

- You could play weak and then give everything to survive, she finally said.

When I had gone to bed after Addison Chapman had instructed me on exactly how to go and try on different crazy shoes, I kept thinking about it. Playing weak, maybe that would be a tactic for me.

I was wondering what they'd talked to Derik about. Maybe Elina Redger told me my tactics? But, no, I did not think she even got to do it but I have pretty low thoughts about Elina Redger the winner from District 5 who killed seven players during her hunger game and she was not even a careerist. I wondered if I could trust her. But I have to, because she was my supervisor.

I felt it suddenly become stuffy in the room. Tomorrow I will stand up for the whole world and talk about myself. Then I needed to get fresh air.

I carefully opened the door and I tripped carefully in the hall. I came to a window but it was locked. I went to a part of the gym I had not been to and found a door with the sign: The roof. I opened the door without thinking that it could be dangerous. Later, when I got on the roof, I was dazzled by all the light from the capital. It was just as bright there as during the day. Wondering if they're even sleeping. I gently fingered the ring on my finger. There was a watering can and gloves there. As well as flowers in nice exodic colors. They were well cared for by slaves. Suddenly I heard a voice behind me and without thinking I threw a garden shovel at the sound. The person gave up a scream and suddenly I understood who it was.

- Derik?

- Yes, hey, what is this? he asked annoyed, pointing to his bleeding arm.

- Sorry, I mumbled. I did not want to let Derik make me vulnerable. By the way, why are you here?

- I heard a sound and then I saw you go up here, he replied and shrugged apologetically. Could not sleep?